Arete Undone!!

As you guys continued walking, Ryoma started to think of something. 

Ryoma: Hrm...

Corrin: Ryoma, is something the matter? You look lost in thought.

(Y/N): Yeah, something on your mind? 

Ryoma: I was just thinking about Scarlet. If she were still alive and with us, I'm sure she'd do something to dispel this mood.

Corrin: Yeah... I think you're right.

Ruby: She was really fun. 

Ryoma: Though there's something bothering me about Scarlet's death, Corrin. I've been trying to find the right time to bring it up...

Corrin: What is it?

Ryoma: I need to know who killed her.

Gunter: Ah, so you're curious about that as well, Prince Ryoma.

Ryoma: Indeed.

Corrin: What do you mean? Wasn't it a random Vallite soldier that killed her?

Ryoma: Not a random soldier. A spy. Scarlet's killer...is most likely one of us.

Yang: WHAT?! 

(Y/N): A spy among us? 

Corrin: That can't be!

Ryoma: Think about it. We were the only ones who jumped off that bridge.

Gunter: And you said yourself that you and Scarlet were attacked as you were falling, milady.

Corrin: Ah, I see now what you mean...

Ryoma: For you to be ambushed as you fell... The killer must have jumped with our group. You've wanted us all to trust each other, so I didn't want to say anything... At least, not until I was certain.

Corrin: I appreciate that, Ryoma.

Ryoma: However, it's possible that we'll encounter even stronger resistance from here on in. We may even reach Anankos soon.

Gunter: It would be tragic if someone were to betray us during our final battle.

Weiss: Why say that now? That could jinx us. 

Corrin: But we have no idea who the traitor could be. What can we do?

Ryoma: I'm sorry, Corrin. I don't have an answer right now. Don't lose faith in those that have pledged to follow you. Just...keep this conversation in mind.

Corrin: All right. Thank you for bringing this to me, Ryoma.

But then Arete appeared again. 

Arete: You must leave this place at once. I will not allow you to approach the castle. Leave, or I will destroy you.

(Y/N): Arete! 

Azura: We won't leave. You must let us pass.

Arete: Another fight, then? I knew you wouldn't listen to reason. That's why I brought a friend of yours.

Corrin: What are you talking about?

Scarlet appeared. 

Corrin: S-Scarlet? 

She didn't say a thing and attacked! 

Everyone: WOAH! 

Ryoma: What have they done to her? 

She just swung her weapon rapidly and- 

(Y/N): AGH! Scarlet, what are y- WOAH!! 

Corrin: Scarlet! This can't be! 

Ryoma sighed and stabbed her. 

Scarlet: Blegh ... Th-Thank ... you... 

She disintegrated away. 

Arete then attacked but ... 

Azura angrily attacked her back! 

The two proceeded to fight with each other, while you guys watched and agreed not to intervene. 

Soon... Azura was able to succeed and critically injured Arete! 

Arete: Azura...

Azura: Did she...just say my name?

Arete: Come closer, Azura...

Azura: M-Mother? It can't be. You remember who I am?

Arete: Soon... Soon...my body and soul will disappear... I'll be...forever released from...Anankos's control... Ah, my sweet Azura... I finally...remember you...

Azura: Can it be true? Is that really you, Mother?

Ryoma: Azura, wait! This could be another trap!

Azura: But... It might not be. What do I do?

Corrin: Azura, you know.

Azura: Corrin... You're right, of course... I will trust that this is my mother—that she is telling the truth!

Azura held Arete in her arms. 

Arete: Azura... You've grown so much.

Azura: At last you remember me. I've missed you so much...

Arete: I'm sorry for leaving you. You've been suffering alone for so long.

Azura: No, I was never alone. I've had the royal children from Nohr and Hoshido by my side. And others have joined to help me, too.

Arete: That's wonderful... I wish I had more time... I can feel myself slipping away...

She closed her eyes and disintegrated away, like Scarlet did. 

Azura: Mother! You can't! I just got you back. Don't go!

Arete: Azura... I'm so proud of you. Thank you for being my little girl... I'm glad I saw you one last time. I love you so much, Azura.

Azura: Mother? Mother!

Corrin: Azura... 

You turned and- 

(Y/N): AGH!! 

You punched a wall. 

(Y/N): THAT FUCKER!! ANAKOS! YOU ARE GOING TO PAY!!!