Chapter 7: Monopoly and Hunters (and questions all abound.)

Start from the beginning

I gave Small Bob to Hestia as a pet. I still see him often, but I'm too busy to care for him. I still miss my parents, and somedays I have to force myself to get up with the idea of a demigod dying while I'm sulking. But it's gotten easier over the years. Hestia adopting me, and me finding a new family in the Olympians really helped.

I finally get near the hunters camp, using death mist to turn invisible and watch from the outskirts. Artemis is explaining the situation to her Hunters.

"Alright, look, I know you don't agree, but it will only be until we reach Camp Half-Blood."

"But it's a male! We don't need a male to protect us!" Whines Pheobe.

"No, we don't, but I made a deal with him. He's a friend and like a brother to me."

"But he's going to try and flirt and hit on us!"

No, he won't. He's very respectful. Besides, I'm giving him all the camp chores."

I step into the camp, dispelling the death mist, making everyone jump.

"Wow, I was going to thank you for calling me a brother, but then I learn you're sicking me with the chores? Not cool, Silver."

Artemis scoffs and says, "That was the deal. You can travel with us for a while if you do the chores."

"I know, I'm just messing with you."

As two girls march up to me, I realize a mistake I made. I never told Thalia and Reyna that I was back.

They reach me, and Thalia electricly slaps me while Reyna punches me in the gut. I bend over, clutching my stomach.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN KELP HEAD?" Thalia yells at me.

"Ooh, uh, hold on, let me catch my breath," I manage to wheeze out.

"Percy, I swear to God, you better explain yourself right now, or you're never gonna breathe again," Reyna threatens.

I catch my breath, look at them, and say "Alright look. A lot of stuff happened. But what if I explain it during dinner, so everyone hears it?"

Thalia growls. "Fine. But you better make a damn good dinner."

"Don't worry, Thals, I will."

"Good." She says before turning and walking away with Reyna and the rest of the Hunt.

I turn to Artemis and say, "I think that went well."

She just laughs, hands me a note, and goes to her tent. I start to read the note before Pheobe walks up to me.

"Alright, male," She spits out, likes it's the worst thing in the world.

"Yes, Pheobe?" I ask calmly.

"I heard what you called Artemis. Now, what are you ACTUALLY doing here?" She asks, trying to be threatening.

"I know you heard what I called Artemis. I'm sure the rest of the Hunt did, too. I call her Silver because it's faster than Artemis, and only Apollo calls her Arty. Now, as to what I am doing here, that's quite simple. I want some time interacting with people who aren't gods before I meet the demigods at Camp. I also like seeing those I brought here. It's good to see them doing well. Thank you for helping them. Now, I must get to chores. Goodbye, Pheobe."

I walk away, leaving her there to do whatever it is she does. Turns out my chores are to sharpen arrows, wash clothing, and cook.

I'm sharpening arrows when a girl no older than 10 comes up to me, tapping me on my shoulder.

I turn around to talk, but I continue my task.

"H-hello." She stammers.

"Hello, Ava." I reply.