CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Rhadmanthus paced restlessly in his private chambers, his mind filled with a heavy burden. Reports from his court had been flooding in, detailing the disastrous state of the kingdom's crops and livestock. The once lush fields had started to withered and sickly, their crops plagued by a mysterious rot. Cattle and other animals had succumbed to an unknown disease, casting a shadow of gloom over the land.

The rumors whispered among the courtiers only added to his concerns. Speculations of an impending catastrophe, of a dark force at work, haunted his thoughts. Rhadmanthus knew that the kingdom's survival depended on the success of the binding ceremony, on unlocking Lyra's latent abilities. Rhadmanthus had faith though that the goddess would not guide them in the right direction.

Taking a deep breath, Rhadmanthus resolved to put his doubts aside and to trust in the power of the ceremony. He knew that the journey they were embarking upon was one filled with uncertainty. With renewed determination, Rhadmanthus left his chambers, his steps purposeful as he made his way to the ceremony hall.

Rhadmanthus entered the ceremony hall with a sense of reverence and anticipation. His eyes scanned the room until they landed on the figure of the Oigaos, the revered practitioner of ancient magical traditions. Clad in flowing robes adorned with intricate patterns, the Oigaos exuded an aura of wisdom and power.

With measured steps, Rhadmanthus approached the Oigaos, his gaze filled with respect and gratitude. He bowed deeply, his movements reflecting the sincerity of his intentions. In this pivotal moment, he recognized the importance of their presence and the significance of their guidance.

"Oigaos," Rhadmanthus spoke with a voice filled with deference. "I am honored to stand before you and seek your wisdom.

The Oigaos regarded the king with keen eyes, their gaze seemingly penetrating the depths of his soul. After a moment of contemplation, they nodded in acknowledgment, accepting the weight of their responsibility.

"King Rhadmanthus, your dedication to the well-being of your people and your commitment to restoring harmony in the land is commendable," the Oigaos responded in a voice that carried both authority and compassion. "We shall do our utmost to guide lady Lyra on this transformative journey, to help her rediscover the connection she shares with the natural world."

Flora and Pierce, standing beside Lyra and Rhadmanthus, followed suit, bowing deeply as a sign of respect to the esteemed Oigaos. Their presence and support were not taken for granted, and their gesture spoke volumes of their belief in the significance of the binding ceremony.

The Oigaos acknowledged Flora and Pierce's reverence with a nod, their wise eyes acknowledging the importance of having trusted friends and allies by their side during this transformative event. It was a testament to the strength of their bonds and the collective determination to restore balance and harmony to their realm.

The meeting room in the palace was adorned with rich tapestries and elegant furnishings, befitting the gathering of the kingdom's esteemed lords. The air was filled with a sense of anticipation and curiosity as the lords took their seats, exchanging hushed whispers and stealing glances at one another.

Though they had been summoned without knowledge of the purpose of the meeting, their presence attested to their loyalty and dedication to the kingdom. Each lord represented a different region, bringing with them the concerns, challenges, and aspirations of their respective lands.

As they waited in the grand meeting room, the lords observed the opulence of their surroundings. Intricate carvings adorned the walls, depicting scenes from the kingdom's history, while golden chandeliers bathed the room in a warm, radiant glow. The atmosphere was one of both reverence and anticipation, as the lords wondered what awaited them.