9. e.verybody hates travis

The way I keep changing the cover of this book is starting to become a problem, chilee

"Travis, we have nothing to fucking talk about go take care of your kid and let me be"

I was fuming that this nigga thought shit was sweet after everything that went on with us nearly a year ago. He cheated, had a baby and somehow thought that I would go back to him. I wasn't heartbroken when I found the news of his infidelities, I simply just cleaned my hands of him and kept it pushing. When you are emotionally detached from a man nothing they could say or do could fix it, that was Travis and I's truth, unfortunately.

I could never go back to a man who cheated on me cause a man who cheats will cheat again if given a second chance. But if he really does need my help, I would hate for something to happen to him. I still have love for his lying, cheating dirty ass but I can't say no to someone who really needs me though.

"I really need your help Lee you're my only hope, I got into some shit wit some niggas and I think they might put a bounty on my head now".

"Call the damn police nigga the fuck you calling me for"

"Lee man, can you just come over please not on no funny shit either".

Travis always had a tendency of making me do things that I didn't want to do and today was indeed no different, he and I haven't been in each other's lives for many months, but he still managed to creep his way back in as always. Travis was like a leach that just simply wouldn't get off of you.

Aaliyah just wanted peace, not for her cheating ex from her past to come back and shake things up.

"I don't know Travis I don't think this is a good idea", she knew this wasn't a good idea but she wanted to go against her better judgment and help her ex out. Even with everything that happened in the demise of their relationship she still didn't want nor carry and ill feelings towards Travis.

Later that night

Aaliyah's conversation with Travis was playing in her mind like a turntable, asking herself if she should keep Demetrius in the dark about what had occurred or deal with this all on her own like she has been doing for a while now.

"It's not like we're on the best of terms anyways", Aaliyah thought to herself. She held Deja in her arms as she weighed her pros and cons, wishing that God would send her a sign of what direction she should go in.

Little did anyone know that Travis was on the other side of Harlem working with the same person who had gotten her boyfriend nearly killed the love of her life.

"I tried, man she aint budging, I know her she aint no easy ass bitch when it comes to shit like this; I had a baby on her I know she aint tryna be around me like that"

Travis sat in his car still parked in front of Aaliyah's house. The same people who were affiliated with the shooting were the ones giving Travis the information he needed to keep tabs on Aaliyah.

-"I don't give two shits if you have to kidnap the damn girl, we have a deal and your bitch ass life is on the line, so I suggest you act like you got some sense left in you" The unknown person spoke loudly on the other side of the phone.

Travis didn't want to admit it, but he was scarred shitless concerning what could happen to him or Aaliyah. The person behind all of this was a very powerful individual who didn't care to put bullets in people just for the sake of their own enjoyment.

"Ight I gotchu" Travis didn't wait another second before hanging up. This mess had all started back when Travis had gotten more stable after his accident.

Travis was going through intense physical therapy three times a week, and it finally paid off. He could walk again without assistance, and he felt like no one could rain of his parade. He was on top of the world that first week of being cleared by his doctor. That was until he got a weird phone call from a number he didn't recognize.

2 Months ago

"Travis," the deep voice said on the other line

"Yeah, who's this?"

"Congratulations on the baby; your parents must be so proud."

Travis was pretty lowkey and didn't have friends like that, so how did this person know about his kid?

"Yo, who the fuck is this? How you know about my kid" Things were getting too weird too fast.

"Don't worry about that; just worry about keeping the little bastard alive. That only happens under one condition: I need you to tell me everything you know about your ex... Aaliyah" Confusion arose in Travis's mind when Aaliyah's name was brought up, the last time they spoke was when he told her about his child.

Not many days would go by that he didn't think about the possibility of what he and Aaliyah could have had if he had played his role and stayed faithful to her. Like he knew he should have from the jump.

"I haven't talked to her in damn near a year, man, I don't know shit," Travis tried his hardest to get this person off his case."

"Keep playing stupid and watch what I do with bitch of a daughter of yours"

The line went dead, fear, anxiety and fear consumed Travis quicker than he could blink.

And Aaliyah and Demetrius would have to do everything to protect themselves... If they can

I love playing with yalls emotions, it brings me so much joy. Yall are gonna hate me in the end I'll probably need a bulletproof vest but I want all the smoke in the comments.

Thoughts on Tangerine Travis's return, yall missed his cribbled behind?