1. h.eaven sent

↭

"Daddy wake up...you need to wake up daddy," a little girl said to me, she looked just like me but with big poofy hair that reached her shoulders.

-"Mommy needs you, stop sleeping you need to wake up" the little girl insisted, she motioned me to hold her tiny hand, she was the most perfect little girl I had ever seen.

"Where am I sweety... do you know" I got on her level and told to her softly while I kept her hand in mine. The longer I looked at her, I could see small similarities between the little girl and Aaliyah.

She had her eye shape and nose but somehow still managed to look like me.

"You in heaven daddy but y-you can't stay here foreva" the little girl stuttered. Hearing that made my heart tighten, when I took a longer look at my surrounding I was realizing that I was dead.

I have a family who loves me and is probably going insane right now, but there's something about this place that is so alluring.

It's so calming, the birds are chirping everything looks so vibrant and lively, I felt so much peace around me. No one or nothing could hurt me, I wasn't ready to leave this site.

The intense resemblance between us stayed at the forefront of my mind.

"So I'm your daddy sweetheart?" I questioned her but she didn't answer vocally she simply nodded her head as her curls moved with her.

"What's your name then" gazed into the distance as if she had to think about it first.

"Um I don't know yet" she answers back innocently.

Everything here was so bright and beautiful, there was a light and captivating sound of the harp playing in the background but I couldn't catch sight of who was playing it.

Every time I come into this horrible hospital, I'm given the same dumb answer on how Demetrius's condition is advancing.

It has been 7 months already why is nothing happening, why can't he come back to me...why did they have to shoot him.

What hurts, even more, is that since he's a black man in America the police are treating his case like it doesn't mean jack shit. In their heads, this was nothing more than a gang-related shooting, anyone who knows Demetrius knows he isn't some type of gang member.

I mean he sold dope to get by, considering we came from the slumps of Harlem but he wasn't doing any extreme felonies.

It doesn't even matter what he did in his adolescent life, because if it were a white man who got shot. There would be a thorough investigation in a blink of an eye.

Every second of me not being with Metri makes me want to cry, he had already missed more than half of my pregnancy. Seven months to be exact, 213 days. I don't know how much longer I can go on without him here.

I would just spend hours just looking at him being hooked up to all kinds of tubes, with this overbearing feeling of despair.

When I would hold his hands, they were cold... almost lifeless. I would have talks with him while I sat there siting in silence hoping he would say something back.

Support from family and friends has been great and all I can't take that for granted, however at the end of the day they get to go home and hold the people or person that means the world to them.

I sadly lost the privilege of doing so, I wish I could just have a conversation with him for even five minutes. I wish I could have him tell me that everything is going to be ok, or not to put so much stress on my body cause then that's putting stress on our baby.

There was so much I wanted to say to him, I wanted to watch the look on his face when he would find out that we were having twins. A little boy and a little girl, I wanted to watch him talk to my belly every morning, reminding me how great of a parent I would be.

Pregnancy is supposed to be a beautiful thing, it's supposed to be stress-free as well as a time in your life that you could never forget.

I most certainly wouldn't forget this pregnancy it would be like a tattoo in my memory for life

but for all the wrong reasons.

Hey besties, I missed yall so much.🤍

hope yall enjoyed this cute lil introduction to the sequel Her Sanctuary

Let me know your thoughts