3. m.y heart in human form

↭

Day 216

It was another bright and shiny day in Harlem New York, Aaliyah did the usual which was writing a lengthy letter to Demetrius. She was planning to go to therapy very soon but in the meantime, she would stick to writing her letters to Demetrius to cope with her ongoing pain.

"Everything reminds me of you its crazy, certain smells remind me of you, certain stores, certain foods. I cannot even pass by that Dominican restaurant that you used to take me to.

Going to the mall is tough because that used to be our spot for so long even before I departed to go to London."

I miss the way you used to touch me, the way you had me feenin for you. I always told myself that I would never obsess over a man, or let them consume me to the point that I feel like I cannot live without them. Yet that is exactly what you did to me Metri, I cannot live without you, my baby.

I miss your fine ass and how you would call me your Hermosa every second, no man could ever compare to you... You are incomparable.

Love your Hermosa,

Aaliyah was up all-night thinking about her lover as always, she could not do much without thinking about him. That is when she decided it was time to visit again, even if she had seen him the night before.

Aaliyah wanted to spend every second of every day with Demetrius, just to be in the same room as him was enough, and just to know he was still breathing and could hear her was more than she could ask for.

New York was beautiful at night, the street and building lights illuminated every corner you turned. It was a sight to see.

Aaliyah drove quietly on the dark road, solely thinking about how significantly her life has changed in a few months.

The automatic doors open widely and the smell of death and antiseptic hit Aaliyah straight in the face. With a scrunched-up expression, hating that she had to be in such a depressing building, she reminded herself that she was not here for herself she was here for Metri.

She slowly approached the front desk as she held onto her big belly, Rebecca greeted her. The sweet middle-aged lady with fair skin and greyish-blue eyes. The woman resembled Miss Faye but with long brown hair coming down her back.

Aaliyah was in the hospital every day, and different doctors from various levels in the building knew Aaliyah by name since she barely left the place for the past 7 months.

So, when Rebecca saw Liyah, she did not ask too many questions, she simply greeted her with a warm smile and reminded her not to lose hope even though it was hard not to.