Chapter 29: Prelude to the Showdown

Every hero was alerted about Ultrons' return. To say that they're panicked is a massive understatement. Ultron is one of the most powerful villains ever. Even Thanos, wherever he is by this point, is a bit wary of him. Keywords "a bit", not a whole lot, since the mad Eternal with a Deviant Syndrome genetic mutation can defeat Ultron, albeit with some difficulty, since Ultron is formidable in his own right.

While the Avengers, both on Earth and off world, have been notified of Ultron's return from hiding, Gaea had assembled her battle armor, during her time as one of the All-Mothers of Asgardia, alongside Frigg and Idun. She had kept it in honor of her servitude with Frigg and Idun, whom she became close friends with. The Great Mother then felt a shift. A dark one at that. It's faint, but it's there.

This made Gaea feel uneasy.

There's something not right about this dark shift.

It feels familiar.

Faint but familiar.

Gaea then shook her head. She'll deal with it later. But now, Ultron is the main focus. And she will see to it that Ultron is eliminated.

For good this time.

Gaea then flew to where Ultron's base was last seen by Nick Fury Senior. To her surprise, it was within the underground of Slorenia, which happened to be one of the seemingly many battlegrounds between the Avengers and Ultron.

A/N: A little reminder. This isn't an MCU fanfiction. This is a Marvel fanfic heavily based on Marvel Comics Earth-616. So that means no Sokovia, which is the MCU analog to Marvel Comics Transia. Especially to the one that added my story to an MCU reading list. And this isn't a Percy Jackson fanfic either. Since one of the Wattpaders put my story to a Percy Jackson reading list, despite the fact that my story doesn't feature Percy Jackson and related characters within Rick Riordan works, I didn't put in Percy Jackson tags either. I don't really understand that. Did they really look at my story or did they just assume about it? Again, wasn't the image I put up, as a cover for my story, really not that obvious? Is it because they're just too used to seeing the usual stuff about MCU and Percy Jackson?

Gaea: Well fuck. Didn't expect that.

She was too drifted in her thoughts that she bumped into Ultron minions, causing them to collide with each other as they flinged into the air with a spin. Gaea landed on her feet while the Ultron minions crashed face-first into the ground as they got up with their weapons drawn right from their arms, with the Elder Goddess of Earth responding in kind with her own high-tech energy weapons. Since she is also the Elder Goddess of War, representing all aspects of it, it's her job, and the job of every kind of War Deity, to know & familiarize themselves about weapons, especially those of military kind. Nick Fury Senior arrived immediately, as though he was a ghost or something similar. But that's just good ol' Nicholas Fury Senior, doing what he does best.

Gaea: Is there a problem?

The Great Mother asked in a mocking voice.

Nick Fury Senior: Whoa, looks like we got ourselves a little Mexican standoff here.

The former S.H.I.E.L.D director remarked.

The Elder Goddess of Earth looked at the two Ultron minions left and right, analyzing their metallic bodies for potential weak points.

Gaea: Weapons down.

Nick Fury Senior: And we'll let you escape with your dignity.

The two Ultron minions then communicate with each other, as though they're talking in a language unknown to both of them. It wouldn't be surprising if Ultron had something to do with it. It would make sense. But Gaea and Nick Fury Senior, throughout the years, have learned to know the actual intentions of others in other ways, like body language.