Chapter 9: Thunder & Lightning

Heads-up: Some chapters will be shorter than others.

Meanwhile, at the same time as Gaea woke up.

Thor flies around New York City and looks down at the streets. Mainly to see if there's any criminals to fight, be it common crooks or even supervillains. Well, there's plenty of common criminals that are easily dealt with, almost too easily. But he does it nonetheless. The more challenging opponents will have to wait.

Unfortunately for Thor, said "challenging opponent" didn't wait long as a bolt of purple lightning hit him, sending Thor to the ground with a loud "BOOM" as dust appeared upon impact. Thor let out a groan as he got up on his feet and swipes the dust away from his clothing. The Asgardian/Elder-God hybrid looked and saw, to his irritation & surprise, Electro, aka Maxwell Dillon, or Max for short, in his Anti-Matter form. This made Thor grimaced as he remembered the first time he encountered Electro. It wasn't pleasant for both him and his half-brother, Peter Parker, who was possessed by Otto Octavius at the time.

A/N: See Avenging Spider-Man #18 (2013) by Christopher Yost.

https://view-comic.com/avenging-spider-man-018-2013/

This made Thor winced at the reminder. But he'll probably dwell on it for another time. But now is not the time for that. There's only time to fight! And Thor the Thunderer, Child of the Elder Goddess of Earth, Son of Odin, future King of Asgard, will not make the same mistake as before!

Thor gets in his battle pose, ready for the beating to come. Electro hovers above his adversary with a grin of satisfaction and arrogance. Finally, he will get his revenge on Thor for his humiliation. Other Supervillains mocked and laughed at him for being defeated by Thor. But when he comes back with Thors' head, no one's gonna laugh at him!

Electro then says to Thor.

Electro: You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this, Thor! I always wanted to get another shot at you!

Thor narrowed his blue eyes at Electro. His blond hair swayed from the wind. He then tightens his grip on Mjolnir. Electro then says to Thor with confidence.

Electro: I'm the true Master of Electricity! The Lord of Lightning! I! AM! ELECTRO! And you're nothing but a pretty blonde boy with a dumb magic hammer!

Thor, instead of lashing out, only smirked.

Thor: So says the electrical man who doesn't wear clothes and flies around butt naked.

A/N: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

A/N: Thor must've spent too much time with Peter.

Electro's eyes widened and lashed out in rage as he charges at Thor, but the Asgardian/Elder-God hybrid immediately dodged Electro. Thor then sees Mjolnir in the distance. Apparently that hit he received from Electro must've made him drop his hammer. Electro sees Mjolnir on the ground and says tauntingly.

Electro: Looks like your little hammer has been dropped. What're you gonna do without it?

To Electro's surprise, Thor's eyes glowed and lightning crackles across his body. But instead of the typical blue, it is green instead, which made Electro really confused by this.

Thor: Do not mistake my hammer as the source of my power. Mjolnir or not, I'm still a God. And you... are an arrogant mortal who believes himself to be the "Lord of Lightning". You don't know what I can really do.

Comic & Reference: Thor (2020) series, by Donny Cates, issue 8

https://readcomicsonline.ru/comic/thor-2020/8

Thor then hovers above the ground as the green lightning and the green glow in his eyes intensifies.

Thor: I am a child of this world.

Thor raises Mjolnir and shoots green lightning towards Electro. Electro, not having time to react, was forced to endure the damaging blow of the earthly green lightning. Thor raises Mjolnir as the earthly green lightning circulates around it and spreads throughout New York City, a breathtaking sight to behold.

Thor: Not only am I an Odinson, but I am a Gaeason! I have quested long, to learn my birth mother's way! To learn her will! My mother plays no favorites, Electro! NOW, LET THY POWER BE REVOKED!!!!

Comic & Reference: Empyre (2020) Issue 6.

http://readallcomics.com/empyre-006-2020/

Electro felt absolute terror, but finds himself unable to move as Thor shoots earthly green lightning at him. Electro now feels his power leaving.

Electro: NO! YOU CAN'T DO THIS!

Electro now no longer sees lightning circulating from his hands. His power left him. And now, Maxwell Dillon felt helpless. And the police came and arrested him with no issues. Among them includes Yuri Watanabe and Jean Dewolff. Yuri whistled and said to Thor.

Yuri: Gotta admit, Thor, you certainly did put on quite the light show.

Thor: I only did what I have to, Captain Watanabe.

Yuri said nothing but nodded nonetheless. With Maxwell Dillon now arrested without his powers, he won't be able to escape this time. The NYPD then left, leaving the Asgardian/Elder-God hybrid the only one standing. Thor then let out a tired breath, feeling the need to rest. Thor then whispers, as if he was talking to someone else.

Thor: I wish you were here to see this, brother. Please wake, our mother worries.

Thor then flies away, secretly praying to his birth mother, Gaea, that his youngest half-brother will awake from his slumber. But, unbeknownst to him, an all too familiar woman was watching Thor from the distance. It's his mother, Gaea, the Elder Goddess of Earth, Progenitor of Many.

Gaea: I hope so too, Thor. I hope so too.

A/N: Sorry that I haven't updated in a while, I happened to be dealing with other issues. So I hope you enjoy and have a good day.