ᑕᖇYᒪᗴ: ᖴᒪᑌᖴᖴ

Title~ Here in the Rain
ᴅɪsᴄʟᴀɪᴍᴇʀ: ᴘʜᴏᴛᴏ ᴅᴏᴇs ɴᴏᴛ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ
@AnakinNotStarWars
◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

It was about 6:45 at night.

Craig had just finished some late night shopping for his mom. As he exited the store he stopped underneath the awning before taking a step into the rain. He listened to the sound and admired the smell before putting his blue hood over his head. He tied his grocery bags to prevent any rain water from entering the bag.

And as he was about to begin his journey home, he was stopped by a quiet whimpering coming from the side of the store. Craig turned his head in the direction, it sounded like someone was crying. Normally he wouldn't care about such a thing, but he thought that they sounded familiar. He couldn't quite pinpoint why or who he thought it was but if anyone he figured it might be Clyde of all people. So you can imagine his surprise when he found none other that Kyle.

His red hair was wet and exposed, no green hat to cover his crimson locks. He wore nothing but a plain black shirt and some Terrance and Philip pajama pants. The only source of protection for his feet were some slippers. Craig stared at him for a moment as he watched Kyle sniff and rub his eyes, the ginger boy hadn't noticed him yet. "Kyle?" Craig questioned, finally making his presence known. Kyle jumped as he heard his voice and turned his head to face him.

"Craig? What are you doing here?" He asked as he quickly wiped his face from any stray tears. Craig tilted his head at the boy. "I could ask you the same thing. What are you doing out here at this time of night in the rain? And in nothing but your pajamas might I add." The raven haired boy interrogated. "Listen, it really doesn't matter. Now can we just pretend that this meeting never happened?"

Craig stayed silent for a moment, as if to think about his request before giving a short answer. "No." Kyle sighed as he curled up into a fetal position and rested his head against his knees. Silence then fell upon the boys. The only sounds left to fill their ears was the sound of the rain in the night. Kyle heard the grass crunch, but he didn't bother to look up at Craig to see what he was doing. He hoped that he was leaving, but it was in fact the opposite.

Kyle didn't bother to look up until something was thrown on him. "Here. You must be cold." Craig said in his usual plain voice. Kyle took the thing off him to inspect it. It was Craig's signature blue jacket. Kyle looked up at Craig who was already staring back at him. "Craig, I can't." The red head said as he lifted the jacket to give it back. "You can." Craig said back as he gently pushed the jacket towards Kyle.

Kyle in response shook his head at him. "No dude, what if you get cold?" He said, expressing his concern for the boy standing before him. "I have my hat. Don't I?" Craig said as he pointed to his blue and yellow hat that sat neatly on top of his head. Kyle couldn't help but let out a small chuckle at the comment, knowing very well that the hat wasn't going to keep him warm. Kyle sensed that Craig definitely knew too, but probably didn't care.

Not wanting to talk about it anymore, Kyle accepted the jacket. He slid his arms through the sleeves and zipped it up. The jacket fit perfectly around him. The smell of the jacket took over the rain smell. It smelt just like Craig. It wasn't a type of smell that could be described, it was a smell that was completely unique to Craig. It was a good smell, almost comforting.

"Come on. I'll walk you home." Craig said as he offered a hand to Kyle. The ginger boy sighed as he shook his head. "I can't go home right now." He replied. Craig let his hand fall to his side as he stared at Kyle with a lost expression. "How come?" Kyle didn't answer his question. Craig knew by his silence that he probably didn't want to talk about it and decided it was best not to push further. Instead Craig just took both of Kyle's hands in his and pulled him up from the ground.