The Town of Aureolin

Start from the beginning

I make my way to my room so I can change then, with Radley, we find our way to the carriages so that we can get to the town.

As soon as we arrive, I make my way over to Marigold and Ciril to let them know my father's decision. Marigold gives me a hug and Ciril thanks me. Once the season is over, Marigold will fly to our home in Sable until she gives birth in October-November.

Radley and I walk hand-in-hand through the town. I watch as little boys and girls run around with their parents on the cobbled floors. Woman and men work, shop and eat.

"Is there anything in this country that you would like to try?" I ask Radley with a smile on my face. He nods, "But I am not sure what so how about we go and try something because I am sure you have not experienced half the things here either." I nod enthusiastically, "I would love that."

We walk into a bakery nearby to find that most of the delicacies are things we have both never seen before.

"Hello Ma'am," a young lady says politely, "what would you like?" "What are your local delicacies?" I ask and she frowns then laughs. "To be honest," she says kindly, "the local ones are not all that appealing to most but if you insist then I will make you something that we eat here." I nod and sit down with Radley in the beautifully decorated bakery.

The walls are painted with a map of the entire country. Pictures of a few people on the beach litter the walls. The wooden floors creak as people walk in and out of the bakery. I look around with wonder as I stare at it all.

The young lady comes out soon after with pie of sorts and she motions for us to try it.

I do and so does Radley. It's not the greatest thing ever but it isn't the worst either.

"What is it?" I ask her with curiosity. She sighs, "Dolphin. It is a rare treat for the people here so I thought you might want to try it." My eyes widen, "Well, thanks." Once we are done, we pay her and then make our way out of the bakery.

"You okay?" I ask Radley and he nods. "In my country," Radley says with a laugh, "there are some weird delicacies too but I must warn you that it isn't the greatest place to live." I frown, "Why?" "Well," Radley says nervously, "everyone has to wear certain colors according to their job but the thing is that...well...you don't really have a lot of choices because of it." I nod, "I guess every country has its flaws. Cannot be worse than Hydrangea." He laughs, "True but there are some countries that you might consider to be worse or just as bad." I shrug my shoulders, "I guess but I don't know them yet."

Soon, the sun starts to set so we make our way back home.

Once I sit on the bed and Radley does the same, I look at him.

"Who will we assign to take care of their baby?" I ask him with concern. "I am not sure," he say with worry, "because your father will definitely not help us with this choice we have made. The thing is you need to keep a distance from this child otherwise you will get attached and so will the child." I nod and sigh deeply, "The problem being, who can we trust?" He shakes his head as well, "Maybe talk to your brother and sister to see if they are willing to do it for you." "Thanks," I say kindly as I hug him tightly and he does the same back.

As we lay in bed, I think about the child. I realise that Marigold will have to stay till the child is six months old unless we feed the baby a supplement. Then I think about when they start school at four years of age till thirteen, hopefully my siblings will assist with their expertise in training the child in the basics they took as well as in the specifics. Hopefully, the baby's parents will help as well. I sigh deeply and then fall into a restless sleep.

I wake up late the next day to find Radley is gone from the room. I stretch and then shower. Finally, I change into riding gear and then make my way outside. I ride along the beach for a couple minutes then I make my way back home as the sun beats down on my skin.

As soon as I enter the home, my guard comes towards me.

"Your highness," my guard says as he bows, "Duchess Marigold and Duke Ciril have requested your presence as well as Prince Radley's for tea in five minutes time." I nod, "Thank you." My guard continues to stay by my side as I make my way to my room.

I turn towards him again, "Can you please find Prince Radley and let him know as I have not seen him today?" He nods as the rest of my guards and I head for the tea room.

I sit down as they look at me nervously. A few minutes later, Radley arrives and hurriedly sits down.

"Thank you for coming," Ciril says kindly, "we wanted figure out what will be happening after Marigold gives birth." I nod, "If she wants to stay and breastfeed till the child is six months then she can." She looks at me, "It really depends because if people see that I have bee gone too long then they will start to think things." I sigh, "Well is there anyone you trust to care for the child's needs?" She frowns, "Not really." "The problem being that I would not be available all the time as I have to be with my father alot," I say with concern. "I can take care of the child," Radley says kindly, "but it's not possible to be there all the time as I have to prepare for helping Anthurium take care of this country." They both nod and look at each other with concern.

"I will figure it out," I say kindly, "I have taken care of children before but I have to do school as well during this time. I will try and get the help of my siblings." They thank me kindly and politely.

Throughout that day, I realise that I am going to struggle with life from November but I also realise that I have a few months to start preparing. Marigold and Ciril agreed to pay for food, clothing and anything else that their child needs throughout their stay here.

I knew my father would expect as much anyways.

I wonder about the activities of tomorrow and about my own chances of having a child as well as about Aella. Aella reminds me of Lavender alot or should I say...Delilah.

My heart breaks at the thought of her and the many losses she had to go through at such a young age.