Revelation

Kris stares at me dumbfounded as the big man's eyes widen in acknowledgement of this revelation. I sigh deeply as I realize why Delilah thought the world was bad, it's because no one cares as much for others in comparison to those who are going through the same thing as you. Kris grabs me close to him as the big man draws nearer. "What's this I hear?"the big man says as he draws near seeing me and Kris. "Nothing, sir, just a minor breakdown of hers from the traumatic life she has lead before coming into the real world since this day has been full of nothing but disappointments,"Kris says quite straight-forwardly.

The big man, sir, chuckles evilly, "Does this have to do with me not allowing her to have extra classes?" "You will regret not allowing her into your school,"Kris says as he stares at sir defiantly. "You are leaving soon. No one's going to be here to protect her forever so this school will finally turn it's attention to her and you won't be around since you are going far, far away,"sir says, "she will end up like a lot of people who come here from being victims." Kris becomes ridged as he holds me close to him, protected. "I will talk to your mum today about this behavior and tell her to do the right thing for the child,"sir says evilly. Then it dawns on him. I know him. I start trembling in Kris' grasp so much so that when the man turns I fall to the ground.

Kris sees my disposition and comes to comfort me. "Who is that man?"I ask as I continue trembling. "He's our school principle but we have a bad past,"Kris says politely as he tries to calm me down. "N-n-no, there's no way,"I say as tears fill my eyes and the principle turns to look at me. Hate fills my eyes as I remember the day he brought me to the orphanage doors and took the many things I once had but lost all in one day. Kris follows my line-of-sight and frowns deeply. "Lets go home. I'll call my mum,"Kris says as he sees my face but I shake my head. He frowns but nods in understanding. We make our way in silence to get a snack for me so I can survive the day. After that, we go to science class and I am told that I can choose a specific science or stick to the simple ones. I decide it's best if I stick to the simple one. The teacher comes to realize that I'm as terrible as the other teachers told her. I sigh deeply as my name is called from the speakers.

I step out of the class and see the principle waiting. My hands turn into fists. "So, you remember me then,"he says evilly, "good to know that I made a lasting impression. They brought you to the most unsafest place on the planet." He grabs me and pulls me along but then my mum comes into view so he drops his hold on me and I run to hug her. I sob uncontrollably. My mother holds me tightly and looks up at the principle. "I see you are still traumatizing children who have had a hard time,"Lucy says with anger. "Lucy Peterson,"the principle says and it causes mother to shiver. "I'm here to talk about those extra class since my son was told that these aren't offered which I know they are,"mum says in frustration, "I don't know why you have to make me come and ask every time." "Because then you wouldn't be here and I wouldn't get to see your fear. I need to be convinced of such fear to know that I'm safely hidden here,"the principle says as he comes closer to mother and me. Kris then comes into view and moves the principle away from his mother. "He,"the principle says and points at Kris, "won't be around to protect you or her for very long." My mother tries to keep my trembling form stable. "I will give her the extra classes myself,"the principle says, "just like I gave you." I shake my head uncontrollably. Kris steps forward and says, "I will miss my classes and stay with her during her classes to teach her. I will be her tutor." "And who's going to do that when you are gone?"the principle says as he stares directly into my grey-blue eyes.

Kris sighs deeply and looks at me, "I will never let her be in your hands." I smile at him, happily, and notice my mothers stare at our newfound relationship. "Fine,"the principle says at a lose for words. As soon as the principle walked away, after one last look at Lucy, me and Kris went home with mother. "Kris, did she confide in you?"mother asks curiously as she notices me staring out the window. "Well, yeah, but she was angry with me,"Kris says seriously and sighs deeply. Lucy nods. "Lavender?"Lucy asks me sweetly, "why are you scared of the principle when you only just met him?" I stiffen and look at Kris for help in the lying process. "He was mean to her today after she had a slight outburst,"Kris says kindly.

We finally arrive home to Emily and Mr. Peterson. I sigh as I see his anger after the principle called him about my outburst. "Why?"Mr. Peterson asks and I look at him with fear in my eyes. "I don't know,"I say seriously and he comes towards me, grabbing my arms tightly as I wince. Kris comes down the stairs from his room and sees the confrontation. "You don't know why he told me that you shouted throughout the school about some prostitution thing and had a breakdown and glared at him,"Mr.Peterson says as he looks at her frail form, "he said he would love to adopt you after your trial is over." I freeze and stare at him with fear. Kris comes and shoves Mr. Peterson off me. "Dad! Can you stop? We've had thousands of people who come into this house because of their problems and usually the judge is right about their circumstances. You know that man is evil, we just don't know to what extent because mum refuses to tell us,"Kris says in frustration and Mr. Peterson frowns deeply as Kris drags me away. Kris pulls me into his room and sits me down on his bed. "Tell me how you know that man,"Kris demands.

I sigh and say, "Since I was young." "I'm going to need more than that,"Kris says with annoyance. "He took me away from my family and he...um...he,"I start sobbing uncontrollably in his arms and he pats my back softly. He nods and says, "That must be traumatic but why don't you tell the cops about this." "Cops?"I ask with confusion. "The people who saved you, the police or cops. They need this information to help you and save other little girls from this trauma,"Kris says seriously. I nod and say, "You know he always came back on my birthday. He took me on my birthday and came every birthday to remind me of his victory. He made sure I knew what he really did for a living so I would never think of harming him. At first, he said he was a cop but then he changed it. One day, when I was in so much pain because he was always mean and rough. He told me while I was lying in agony that he is a gang leader and he rules that prostitution house so whoever destroys it will be destroyed and he will always get those who belong to him back." I sigh deeply as I think about it.

"If you live in fear like my mum forever then nothing will ever change. My mum will always feel guilty that she let him stick around and cause havoc. You will grow up and do the same if you don't change it now,"Kris says like its so easy. "Its not as easy as that,"I say, "when you get into this business, even if you leave, you never can leave."