The Ball

Before I make my way to the ball, I walk towards my mother's room. My guards follow me despite trying to make sure I do not get where I want to be but I have their room memorised.

Knock Knock

"Come in," I hear my father say softly.

I make my way in and notice my mother sitting upright.

"Are you feeling better?" I ask her politely and she nods. "I have to be," she says kindly, "cannot miss this ball." I smile and nod as she gets up to get dressed.

"I will see you later then," I say kindly and make my way out as my father helps her to get dressed.

As soon as I exit, I notice my siblings are just about to knock.

"You caused this," Magnolia says with tears in her eyes. "I..,"I try to say but come short. "That is not true Magnolia," Aster says kindly, "you know this has happened to all of us before." She sighs and nods, pushing past me.

Aster smiles at me, "Sorry about her. Life has been tough for us all." I nod, "Life is never easy on anyone." He smiles sadly and makes his way past me to see our mother.

My guards follow me as I make my way towards the gardens, my favorite place so far.

I sit on the green grass in my dress that I am supposed to wear later on.

I see the King of Freesia sitting further away but he gets up to come to me and I sigh deeply.

I attempt to get up but he stops me.

"No formalities when no one is around," he says kindly and I smile as I remain seated, "I know no one knows anything and I made sure that only my guards will ever know not even me." "Why?" I ask out of curiosity. "If you or your family needs to make an alliance with me then it is better not to know anything," he says honestly. I nod and look at this man with a different view, "That is kind of you even if you had other reasons." He laughs, "Look, I will let you in on a secret. Your brother likes someone already and so does your sister. I am surprised they are not engaged yet because the feeling is mutual with Magnolia and the boy."

I smile, "Are you trying to convince me to marry your brother?" "I am giving you leverage because of the tense relationship between your siblings," he says seriously. I shake my head and laugh, "Thanks for that, I guess." "Well," he says kindly, "today you will be meeting all the Dukes and Duchesses from around the country." I nod, "I know." "Well," he says kindly, "I better go and change into my official clothes." I nod and then make my way inside as well.

Soon, people start arriving that look rather old, and my family meets to enter together.

"King Peony, Queen Rose, Prince Aster, Princess Anthurium and Princess Magnolia," a man announces.

People start lining up to introduce themselves to us as we stand by the stairs.

"The Azure family," a man says.

"Your Highness, I am Duke Wolf. My wife, Duchess Lotus," he says kindly and bows then leaves.

"I am Duchess Gula," a young lady says monotonously, "I am the heir to the Azure family and this is my husband, Lord Rome." They both bow and smile.

"The Amaranth family," the man announces.

"Your Highness, I am Duchess Callidora and this is Duke Cedric from the Azure family. He is my husband," Duchess Callidora says kindly and then they bow.

"The Ponceau family," the man announces.

"We meet again, Your Highness," Duke Caelus says as he bows, "my wife, Duchess Thea and my sons. Duke Apollo and Lord Helios."