Epilogue

~ ~ Maddy ~ ~

~ ~ Maddy ~ ~

~ ~ Three years later ~ ~

"What's times Casey gettin' here?" Our sister was late for everything.

Riley Jo lifted the jug and poured out some more lemonade into her tall glass.  "Any minute now. She's picking up Danny on her way over."

"Any change with her and Danny?"

Her and Danny for the past three years now have been doing the let's pretend there's  nothing between us dance. 

They ain't foolin' no one.

"Don't even get me started," she huffs.  "That girl needs to get her head out of her ass before it's too late," she warns.

"Riley Jo!" I chastise, faking outrage, because I know she's right. "It's none of our business."

My sister puffs out her chest. "Pu-leeze," she scoffs. "You've met that woman he's dating, right?"

Riley Jo breathes out noisily. Danny has been dating a  high flying lawyer. 'City-Girl' as my nana calls her. Looks down her nose at everyone who doesn't wear Prada or Chanel and drives one of those fancy European cars.

I think what everyone took umbrage with was the that her family is friends with the Stantons. So you can imagine what my sister and Adam think about that.

But honestly, I don't know what he sees in her either. Maybe its the never ending legs or ample breasts that have some kind of spell on him?  He was a man after all, albeit one of the good ones.

Taking a sip of my sweet tea, the laughter of children running around the place and the sounds of Taylor bleed into the early afternoon summer breeze.

It's Gracie's birthday. Today, my beautiful niece turned four. And my sister, Riley Jo, was throwing the biggest darn four years old birthday party in the history of Lockwood Creek.

They have spared no expense, with horse back riding. Clowns and a magician. Not to mention acrobats and so many Disney characters you can't swing a cat without hitting one.  And it wouldn't surprise if Taylor Swift shows up any second.

"There is nothing more sexy than a man holding a baby," Riley Jo hums.

My eyes follow to where she is looking, and I can see all the men are in a huddle, keeping far enough away from all the kids running around but close enough to the barbecue and drink tables.

All their heads bob, talking animatedly between themselves. And weaving between their legs is mine and Riley Jo's god-son, Jake. Connor and Max's son. He's the same age as Riley Jo's son.

But what steals my attention is what's in the arms of my husbands.

My entire world, our children.

Jackson is holding our little girl, Delilah and Logan is holding our son, Grayson, and I have to agree with my sister. Watching them both with our children warms my heart and I love them even more.