Seventeen

~ ~ Jackson ~ ~

~ ~ Jackson ~ ~

"This place has seen better days," huffed Logan, casting an eye over the joint.

"Maddy seems to like it." I shrugged. If she was happy, then I was too. Simple as.

"Christ," he muttered.

"What?" Logan flicked up his chin, and I followed its direction.

Oh fuck. Subtly obviously hadn't worked, and the sway to her hips told me she meant business.

"They ain't one of my mistakes and the way she eyeing you up, you need to set her straight and send her packing before Maddy comes back."

My smile dropped, affecting a cold, bored indifference. I'd already set her straight at the bar when she'd suggested we hook up. We'd done that. Once. And even if Maddy wasn't in the picture, I wasn't interested in a repeat.

But here she was, her lust-filled gaze crawling over my skin like an unwanted touch, dragging her two friends along with her.

And for the life of me, I still couldn't remember her name? Mandy? Macy?

"Looking all lonely sat there, soldier boy." Planting one hand on her hip, with the other she toyed with a lock of hair, her bony fingers teasing the end of the strands as she smiled at me like she was in one of those beauty pageant line ups.

"Ex-soldier. Just a regular cowboy now."

Logan grunted something turning back to Cade, who was laughing at some story his friend was sharing. Great. Looked like I'd have to deal with this on my own. Not that I blamed him for wanting to avoid this car-wreck.

"Thought I might give you another shot, cowboy."

"Look." I didn't want to be rude, but she was bothering me and if Maddy came back and saw her here with me. She would lose her shit. "No, thanks." I managed a tight smile as my hand gripped the empty glass.

"Why not? You don't like what you see, Cowboy?"

She was ballsy, I'd give her that.

Setting my glass on the table. "In case I didn't make it clear earlier. I'm off the market."

"Yea, I heard. Maddy Lockwood." She shared a look with her friends. "You know me and Maddy were real close in high school?"

What? They were?

Her tone lightened. "Where she's gone anyhow?" She flicked her hair, looking around. "It will be nice to say hi."

"Restroom." Why the fuck did this feel like a trap?

"Might as well wait with you, boys." She squeezed between the table and me and I had to shift my head out of the way of her breasts. She sat between me and Logan. "Ain't this nice?" Her hand moved to my thigh.