Forty-Four

~ ~ Maddy ~ ~

~ ~ Maddy ~ ~

Flitting from guest to guest, it warmed my heart to see everyone that meant something to us was here to share our big day. It had truly been one of the best days of my life. And emotion thickened my throat every time I reminded myself it was real.

This was my life now. I was Mrs Maddy Reilly.

I felt one of my husbands approach. And I didn't need to turn around to know which one it was... Logan.

As time had gone on, I'd developed a sixth sense where they were concerned. Even if blindfolded, I could identify who was in front of me solely based on my heightened sense of intuition.

Soft lips warmed my shoulder and traced a line up to my ear. "May I have this dance, Mrs Reilly?"

I smiled, setting my empty champagne glass down, and turned to accept his offered hand. On the dance floor, he slipped his arms around me and pulled me close enough that our chests were nearly touching. When I looked up at him, I could have stood on my tiptoes and met his lips.

"You happy Mrs Reilly?"

Mrs Reilly.  I would never tire of hearing that. Or them, as I stared up at him.

I know beautiful ain't a word normally associated with men. But he was. With his high cheekbones, a firm chin and thick dark lashes that framed his grey eyes, which could go from kind to hot in a flash—which they were doing right now.

A shiver ran through me and I wanted to run my hands through his dark hair, wrap myself around him. Lose myself in him.

"Maddy?"

Oh, right. He'd asked me a question. "More than I ever thought possible," I answered with an honest smile.

Logan dipped his head and nuzzled his nose along mine. "Good," he rumbled. "I like hearin' that." 

He pressed a kiss to my forehead and I rested my head on his chest, feeling his strong heart beneath as we swayed to the music.

"I'm gonna ask that question every day," he whispered roughly.

I pulled my head back. "Are you... happy?"

My question genuinely surprised him. "Princess. You, me and Jackson. The ranch. Everything I ever wanted is right here."

I didn't know where Logan got the idea he wasn't good with words. He always said the right thing at the perfect time, even when I didn't always want to hear what he had to say.

I nodded, basking in the emotions written on his face. Every time he touched me, kissed me, I felt it.

Which reminded me. The day was marching on, and I had to prepare for tonight. I wrapped my arms tighter around him and went up to my tippy toes and stole a chaste kiss, pulling back before it could devolve into more.