Thirty-Three

~ ~ Maddy ~ ~

~ ~ Maddy ~ ~

"All right. Let's play, never have I ever then?" Casey held up her bottled beer. Grinning, she added. "C'mon, it'll be fun!"

Both me and my sister had identical startled expressions. "But ain't that a drinking game?" My brows rose in challenge. "And as you can see, Riley Jo isn't drinking because she's still feeding Gracie, and if I have over two beers, I won't be getting up at half-four in the morning."

Tonight. Riley Jo, Casey and I were having a girls' night out. Casey had been begging for the past month to come out and I'd finally cracked and agreed when she'd told us she had never had girlfriends to hang out with. Riley Jo picked the place, and she'd drove us to the same bar where I'd had my first date with Jackson and Logan.

The bar was full to the brim, but we managed to find ourselves a table and even ordered some food this time.

Casey wasn't ready to give up. "Okay. So drinking is out. What about we use food instead? They'll be fetching out our fries any second now."

Riley Jo laughed. "I plan on eating my fries either way. So how's 'bout you just ask what you wanna know instead?"

"That could work." Nodded Casey, tapping a finger to her lips. "Okay, let me think." There was no missing the twinkle in those grey eyes of hers. "Maddy." She fixed me with a gaze that I knew was gonna be trouble.

"Are you sleeping with both my brothers..." Wiggling her eyebrows. "At the same time?"

Riley Jo play shoved Casey, clearly amused. "That's what all this was about. You just want all the dirty deets, right?"

I looked down at my hands, my face heating from embarrassment, but I knew she was going to ask, eventually. I was just surprised it had taken her this long. Every morning after we finished our first set of chores, we would all meet back at the house for breakfast. When Logan and Jackson were done eating and ready to head back out or Jackson to go to his office, they would both plant a kiss on me. Although quite innocent, no tongues involved of course.

Aunt Jody never batted an eyelid, but Casey, I'd seen her curious side-long glances.

"Yeah, Maddy. Why don't you tell us?" Now Riley Jo was grinning ear to ear, and I shook my head.

"We share the same bed and that's all I'm gonna say 'bout that!" I picked up my beer.

"C'mon. You're no fun," said Casey with a teasing glint.

I wasn't ashamed of my relationship or trying to hide it, but I also would not hand out details about our love life freely—that was private and personal.

Although I couldn't hide my smile thinking back over the last month. Jackson's recovery was still heading in the right direction, and he no longer got angry or irritated with me or Logan. And none of us spent our nights alone any longer. I slept safely and snuggly between two mighty fine men... not to mention the fun before going to sleep.