Understanding Her

Zacznij od początku

Ruby and Aikara continued to banter with each other as Aqua and Miyako watched their interactions. Miyako's face lit up with a warm smile, while Aqua, devoid of any visible emotions, watched the two of them.

'I need to talk to Aikara about Kaburagi,' Aqua thought to himself, contemplating the matter. 'While I don't trust him with seeking revenge if it involves someone else, this situation is different. I can rely on him to gather a sample of Kaburagi's DNA. He's charismatic and skilled at acting. Even if that guy isn't our father, I can trust Aikara to obtain information that could lead us to more clues about our real father.'

Now that he finished organizing his thoughts, Aqua supposed now's a good time to talk to Aikara about it. He shifted his gaze towards his foolish siblings before speaking up "Hey Aikara, let's talk. It's related to that." 

Aikara flashed a dazzling smile as he playfully teased Ruby, his eyes sparkling with mischief. He turned towards Aqua and replied with a confident nod, "Sure thing!" Following Aqua's lead, he strolled towards his room, but before leaving, he glanced back at Ruby, his grin widening. "Don't think it over yet, okay?" With a wink, he continued on his way.

___

As they entered Aqua's room, Aikara closed the door behind them and looked at Aqua curiously. "So, do you have any new information about our father?"

"I have a lead," Aqua stated, causing Aikara's smile to widen as he grabbed Aqua's hands.

"That's fantastic!" he exclaimed proudly, gazing at Aqua with admiration. "As expected from a genius, you inherited those genes from me." Aikara's playful remark earned him a deadpan look from Aqua.

"Inherited genes from you? That's quite a stretch, considering it doesn't make any sense," Aqua responded bluntly.

"Tee-hee!" Aikara playfully closed his eyes and rested a fist on his head, his tongue sticking out cutely. "You're right. Silly me.""

Aqua sighed and refocused the conversation. "Anyway, our lead is Director Kaburagi."

"You mean the director for our upcoming drama?" Aikara asked, curiosity piqued.

"Yeah, I suspect he might be our father. That's where you come in. I just need you to obtain a DNA sample from him and give it to me."

Aikara tilted his head upon hearing Aqua's suspicions. "I have no problem getting a DNA sample from Director Kaburagi. However, I think it's a waste of time and money."

"Why?" Aqua inquired, curious of Aikara's perspective.

"Isn't it obvious?" Aikara asked. "It's because he's not our father."

Aqua narrowed his eyes, seeking evidence to support Aikara's claim. "You can't just say that without any proof. Show me the evidence that led you to that conclusion."

"It's quite simple, actually," Aikara explained. "Our mom's preferences don't align with Director Kaburagi, both in terms of personality and appearance. And if Ai had been sexually assaulted, she would have treated us in a specific way. I can't explain it all now, because it would take a long time, but trust me, she never acted that way around us. While it's possible for mom to love someone who isn't her usual type, I can say with utmost certainty that she never saw Director Kaburagi in that light. That's why he can't be our father." Aikara's eyes shimmered with determination, his tone reflecting his unwavering belief that Kaburagi was not their father. Aqua could see just how strongly Aikara held this conviction.

Still, doubt creeps in Aqua's mind. How can he say with confidence that Ai never saw director Kaburagi that way? How does he know what Ai's type is to say that with so much confidence? And how does he know Ai's personality enough to be able to say that she will act in a specific way if she got sexually assaulted.