Chapter 3

Park Gyul's Point of View

The next morning, I was moaning in distress on my bed due to the pulsating muscle of my limbs. I could barely sit in my bed, though I had managed to do so, and upon that began the flashbacks of last night's events that had put additional aches in my head.

A lot happened in one night and it was too difficult to comprehend all of them before bed. The night chase, Suga, Taemin, then my father ㅡ My father who was said to have sold me. Moreover, I was exhausted physically that thinking was the last thing that I could even think of doing.

I know my father is not the nicest and kindest person, hence why I had to run away, but he isn't that heartless, isn't he? He couldn't have sold his child in exchange for money, right?

Taemin must be lying to me.

I firmly closed my lips and swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat, pushing back the tears that were attempting to flow.

Everything hurts, but I could smell myself.

I was so exhausted last night that I had fallen asleep immediately after Suga left my unit. I had no time to bathe myself.

In pain, I forced myself to stand up and walk as carefully as I could to the bathroom, bringing along with me my clothes and towel.

The way to the apartments is the stairs on the noodle place. I found it quite queer for the interior though it has a chain barrier on the end of it downstairs which indicates that it is off-limits, that customers shouldn't be climbing up. With that, it could only mean that all of us would have access to open and close the shop's door but mostly likely, that's impossible too. The only way I see it is that there could be another way to these apartment units.

The shower was warm and relaxing. It has helped my cramping and tensed muscles relax and it had reduced my body ache. Thankfully, the heater was working well unlike the one from the motel I used to stay in.

After getting dressed, I cleaned and dressed my wound using the kit that Suga had also left here in my place.

Suga.

A handsome man with a gentle and caring nature but also held a mystery in his small and dark eyes. Still, had I not met that man, I am probably held captive by those men now, and it makes me wonder why he helped me. But, who am I to know? Maybe he is just a helpful and kind-hearted man and I am lucky enough to have him as my savior.

The noodle place downstairs was quite busy, having two out of ten tables vacant from the number of customers that were having their meals at this place.

It's almost 11 in the morning, a perfect time for having brunch.

I caught Suga by the counter, receiving orders written on small pieces of paper and passing them along to the small hole in the wall that partially hides the kitchen.

He met my eyes, and I smiled with a slight wave in my hand to greet him. He returned a small smile but had to immediately pull his gaze away from mine to talk to a waitress. He pointed at my table, then the waitress came and had given me a menu. I was quick to order, wanting something warm to comfort myself so I ordered a chicken soup with knife-cut noodles and a side of pan-fried mandu.

I looked back at Suga and found him focused on the monitor in front of him, probably making customers' bills. He was wearing a plain black polo shirt, and I had noticed the other staff here do too, but they had red aprons on while he had none on the other hand.

"He's so good-looking, isn't he?" I overheard the conversation between the two women behind me.

"I honestly come here for him everyday. I mean, the food here is yummy but gosh, the owner is yummier," then followed their snickers.