Chapter 10

Park Gyul's Point of View

"Come with me to work today," Jin said as we ate breakfast.

My eyes widened, still chewing on the food I had just put in my mouth. "I resigned, and you fired me, remember?" I asked despite having food in my mouth. If I were with my family, I would have already gotten a lecture for breakfast because of what I did.

"That's invalid." He sipped on his coffee. "And don't try to run away. We'll find you no matter what." He threatened, and I immediately recalled Suga's gun on my face, making me shake my head.

It's absurd. He used to make me feel a sense of protection, but now, just thinking about him makes me grow gooseflesh.

"And besides, I don't have someone to replace you."

"Okay." I shrugged.

At this point, I don't feel like a captive anymore. The boys have been kind and warm to me, and it was only Suga distancing himself for reasons I cannot even find. I wanted to ask him, but I prefer not to talk. I did nothing wrong, so why should I be the one to fix whatever issues he has with me and make him indifferent about me?

He has his own apartment, too; that's why I barely saw him come here to the mansion. I think that's better because he is beginning to irritate me.

So much for being responsible in our situation; he could have been at least nicer. Just because I knew who he truly was doesn't mean he needed to be a complete douchebag to me. I know they aren't the nicest people ㅡ they have an illegal business ㅡ but he could at least treat me like I exist and not just pass by me whenever he sees me.

He's a completely different person from the Suga that I met. He wasn't as kind to me anymore. And I hate the fact that, somehow, I miss our interactions.

After breakfast, I got ready for work. Jin drove us to the office while I read his schedule to him.

We ended up finding our situation convenient. If we needed something done by each other, we could do it straight away because we had to revise some of his schedules at the moment.

The day at work was the usual. Nothing special except that I had to go home with him this time. And although the thought of running away from them was getting in my head, I decided not to do it anymore.

My life with them is both a danger and a safety, but choosing to be with them means I am protected with a convenient life. More importantly, I may have been only with them for less than a week, but I have somehow built a connection with them. They're nice, funny, and caring, and again, I don't feel like their captive.

Sometimes, I feel scared of them. They would randomly take out a gun or any weapon for random reasons, but they assured me that I'd be fine with them.

I think it's cute. With all those weapons and a physique built for fights, they're very soft on the inside.

But for some reason, I still find Jimin annoying.

"The next time you're in your police uniform, can you not show yourself to me?" I told him as we entered the mansion at the same time.

"What did I ever do to you?" He asked, surprised at my comment on him.

"Betray me." I still feel how high he lifted my hopes only to crash it hard.

He laughed. "I can't betray my family for you, Gyul. I'm sorry."

I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, come on, what can I do to redeem myself?" He walked ahead and stopped in front of me, making me also stop.