Chapter 9

Park Gyul's Point of View

"What am I gonna do with my life?" I asked myself while staring at the ceiling of the room.

I have no idea what time it was. I didn't have my phone with me, nor was there any clock nearby. I just knew it was already in the middle of the night, yet still, sleep was nowhere to be found.

After a couple of twists and turns in my bed, I've decided to go out of my room and explore the mansion instead. I could escape, but given the scenario earlier, I've just accepted that this whole mansion is my prison, and if I were to lean on the optimistic side, this isn't that bad. At least they gave me the freedom to do whatever I wanted in his mansion. I could eat their food — hell I get to live here for free. Suga never brought up any contracts for payments whatsoever.

Since I was on the second floor, it was rightfully the first area that I explored. I did not dare to open the doors because it could be one of the boys, and I wasn't ready to see anyone at all.

There was nothing much, if I'm being honest, but maybe it's because the interesting things are behind doors.

Then, I was down to the first floor. There was the kitchen, the living room, and more doors until I reached the best part of the mansion for me.

The library.

It was hidden behind a 2-door made out of wood and glass, making me able to see what was inside with the help of the lights from outside that helped to illuminate the place. I silently, as best as I could, opened and entered. The smell of it was incredible, and it made a smile appear on my lips.

With the lights now on, I could appreciate the tall shelves on the walls and the numerous books found in them. I scanned through each section, trying to find one that was interesting to me.

I was so immersed I hadn't noticed someone's presence until they spoke, startling me. My heart skipped a beat, and I squealed. I placed my palm over my chest as the other firmly held the book that I was scanning on.

"What are you doing here?" Suga asked me.

Breathless from shock, I answered, "Looking at the books," I said in between deep breaths. My eyes then landed on the red stain on his cheek, and knowing what it could be made my body freeze.

"Get out," he said calmly.

"Iㅡ" I paused as soon as I found the red liquid trickle down from his head to his cheek. "Oh my gosh, are you okay?" I asked him and was about to touch him but he took a step back.

"Just please leave, Gyul."

"O-okay." I left him alone inside, only to find the boys and two more whom I was unfamiliar with, approaching the library.

Like Suga, they were in black and seemed like they had just gotten back from an action movie with how exhausted and beaten up they looked. One was even limping while Jungkook assisted him.

"Gyul?" The tallest guy among them said as he met my eyes. He had small and dragon-like ones, heavy as if they could see through me. It was like a black hole, and I felt drawn to them, momentarily feeling despicable.

"Why are you still up?" Jimin asked me as he removed the black glove on his hands.

"I-I couldn't sleep," I stuttered because I could see the shining metal weapons around their body. I was alerted, scared even more, and I had no intention of hiding what I was feeling.

"Hey, we're not gonna hurt you, remember?" It was Mister Kim's soft voice that tried to comfort me after sensing my fear, but still, I wasn't at ease.