Chapter 6

Min Yoongi's Point of View

As the clock struck two a.m., I left my small apartment and fled to my true home, where my family was waiting for me. When I say 'family,' I mean it as my force, my people working with me in the dark.

My mansion was only a twenty-minute ride from the apartment, more profound to the rural parts of the city hidden by the woods, and beneath it hides my hidden truth and my people waiting for me to discuss matters, precisely the current situation I brought upon us.

The gates automatically opened ㅡ they knew I was coming ㅡ, allowing my entrance using my black motorcycle that blended so well with the darkness of the night. Its matte finish made it less visible in the dark. If not only for its lights, it would be too difficult to see me in the middle of the dark and deserted path leading to my truth.

The incident from earlier alerted my army, especially me. After all, it was sudden. On top of that, the information about my tenant was more alarming, making me question my decision to put her under my protection. But I had no choice. I couldn't take in nor imagine abandoning a maiden who was a victim of sexual assault from a man notorious for human trafficking in the underground scene. When I heard her being harassed, it fueled the fire in me to protect her.

I firmly closed my eyes and saw her profile in the Tiger's Eyes when I told Taehyung to put her in the system as if it was that moment when I ordered it. I was contemplating at this very moment, and I am beginning to question if I had put my people in danger just for protecting a woman who I thought was only a victim of the Lees.

The "Tiger's Eye" was our protection list. May they be aware or not, if we deem it extremely necessary to protect them, they will belong to that list — however, the spot there isn't permanent and may be revoked immediately if deemed necessary.

Gyul's profile was too plain to suspect. There were no traces of anyone or anything involved in the illegal industry, and I am beginning to question Taehyung's ability to trace people. I can sense that there's something deeper and darker in her.

Who really is Park Gyul? Her identity is a mystery, and now she is a mystery that I need to unleash aside from protecting her against being a victim of the Lees.

Taehyung is my trusted man when it comes to anything technology-related. He is a hacker, and he can hack any system and find out any information to our desire, but his inability to know how deeply connected Gyul was to our world is making me question him. Still, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. After all, the Lees are one of the leading gangs in our nation; hence, they undoubtedly have great men, too.

But not great enough for them to withstand Taehyung's hacking skills.

I parked my vehicle on the front and entered the mansion's enormous door. The butler greeted me, and I acknowledged him with a nod. Then, I went to the Library of the mansion and pushed one of the shelves that unleashed the hidden path behind it, leading to the secret basement where all of our illegal business was being planned. This is our hideout and meeting place, but only my closest men can be here. The rest are on our other base, where the shooting range and other training facilities are kept.

Upon my entrance, I was greeted by my other men on my way to Taehyung's workroom to check up on his search after my command.

"Any new information?" I asked the man with dark brown locks while looking at the picture of Gyul on his computer.

"Still the same, hyung," he said, disappointed.

I took in a deep breath. "There's gotta be something. Gyul was Taemin's fiance."

"What the..." Taehyung trailed off. He was surprised by the information.

"Park," I blurted out her surname. Is she, perhaps, connected with the Parks group? After all, the Parks and the Lees have been working closely for years.