t w e n t y s e v e n

🦥how you liking this so far guys??🦥
how's everyone doing too?? I haven't talked with y'all in ages, I believe...

I slump my body beside mae's, huffing out a puff of air with my hands folded in front of my chest. Mae looked at me with a cocked eyebrow, a glint of amusement dancing on her face,

"You okay?"

"No, he's not. Got his heart broken, Mew's missing, and he's in full regret." Nattarika said before I got the chance to open my mouth.

"What's happening?"

I retold the story again for the second time today and the three of them instantly engulfed me in a big, big hug.

"Do you wanna try with my phone?"

"May I?"

"Of course, it's on my nightstand, go get it. Take your time, we'll be here"

"Love you, mae! You're the best!"

"I know, now shoo!"

I ran up the stairs and to mae's room, quickly snatching the phone before looking for Mew's contact, which was under the name of 'Son in Law'. Woah, okay. Let's just wish I still have the chance to make that title come true.

I tapped on his contact, waiting patiently as it rang.

Much to my surprise, he actually picked it up instead of letting it go to voicemail.

"Mae, sawadee krub,"

"..." What the fuck should I say?

"Mae? Is everything alright?"

"H-hi, Mew..."

"Gulf,"

"Please don't hang up, please."

"..."

"I'm so sorry for whatever the fuck I did that make you avoid me but please, don't hang up."

"... Okay," I sighed as soon as he said 'okay', though he seemed hesitant, that's enough for now.

"Why were you avoiding me? Was it because of me?"

"... No,"

"No? Then is it because of that thing you knew but were afraid to tell me about?"

"Kinda,"

"Is that why you said 'sorry' in the email?"

"Maybe,"

"Mew, please..."

"..." and he went silent again.

"I went to your house..."

"Um... Okay?"

"Mama said you have your reason. I knew you do... You always do. A-And I'm sure I'll understand, so what's stopping you?"

"Something,"

"And that might be?"

"Gulf, listen; I don't wanna hurt you, okay? I knew the pain and I don't want you to suffer that,"

Hurt? Why would I get hurt?

Wait, does this have anything to do with Win and Bright?

"I-is it Win and Bright?"

"..." and the line goes silent, again.

"Mew, it's them, is it not?"

"... Dunno,"

"They're together, aren't they?"

"..."

"Mew, answer me!"

"... maybe, perhaps, possibly, I don't know..."

"I saw them."

"Pardon?"

"I drove around after giving your house a visit and... I somehow ended up at the park near Bright's house. I called Nattarika and we talked and then she asked for a gelato which is quite random but well you know her, but anyway... I left the car to go to the gelato shop in the park and then... I saw them," I let out a pained laugh, feeling so embarrassed about my decision and how pathetic I was.

"... Gulf, you okay?"

"At first, I thought they were just hanging out... You know, like friends do. But then... I saw them leant in... And it just happened."

"B- Bii..."

"That was it, wasn't it? The thing that kept you from me..."

"...Yes. I'm so sorry you have to witness that, you don't deserve it,"

"No, I'm sorry."

"W-what?"

"I shouldn't have chosen them over you, over us. I should have known myself better, my feelings better. I should've got them sorted so you won't end up getting hurt. I thought I love Bright but no, Mew. I love you and it's always been you. I swear that you've been sent to save me. You're the only one that my heart keeps coming back to because it's always been you, Mew. I've never loved Bright. Even way before we started to date, hell! Even way before we get to know each other better, you've got me wrapped already. I'm so sorry it took me to lose you before figuring this out. I'm so sorry I broke your heart. But most of all, I'm so sorry for being selfish because even if you hate me now, I'll still try my best and find a way to make you mine again."

"..."

"Say something, please..."

"Are you at home right now?"

"What?"

"Are you at home right now?"

"Y-yeah, why?"

"Alright, hang on."

And the line went dead.

What the fuck?