t h r e e

<= After school =>

"Gulf, wait!" A familiar voice yelled out. I turned my body around and see Mew run towards me.

"Yes?"

"Are you busy tonight?"

"Um, I don't think I do. Why?"

"Wanna hang out? You know like, actually get to know each other and things like that?"

"Like a date?" I whispered quietly.

"If you want to put it that way, then yes. I mean, I'm already your boyfriend now, aren't I?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me, creating a funny face which made me giggle like crazy.

"Alright, alright, you can pick me up at 7. Just text me on what I should wear" I said, smiling gently at him. He smiled widely at me, taking me by surprise by kissing my cheek quickly before rushing off. Oh well, that was... wow. I surely need more time to adjust to this.

I walked to my car and slip in before driving it to my house right away.

There are plenty of things running in my mind currently but I'm trying my best here to ignore it all. I bet people at school will get so confused if they saw what he did to me but luckily for us, school was already rather empty when he kissed my cheek a few minutes prior.

I parked it beside my parent's car, easily slipping out of the vehicle. I opened the door to be greeted with the scent of my mae's cookies, she's an amazing baker, there's no denying on that. I went straight to the kitchen, seeing her trying to put the cookies in the jar.

"Hi, dear! How was school?"

"Great, I guess"

"You guess?" I sighed at her question, taking a seat on the stool before explaining,

"The boyfriends agreed on Win's idea, so I'm no more Bright's boyfriend now and instead I'm Mew's"

"Awe, that's sweet. Bring him home someday this week for dinner, will you? I would love to talk to that boy"

"Why are you so excited about me and him dating? You weren't like this when I told you about Bright" I asked, purely confused and not offended.

"No offence baby, but I ship you more with Mew instead of Bright," Mae said and then she threw me a wink, which made me even more confused.

"What's so special about him anyway?"

"You'll find out sooner or later, find the answer by yourself."

"But maeee..."

"When's your first date? With Mew, I mean"

"Tonight"

"Really?" Her whole face basically lit up at the mention of Mew and I's date.

"Oh uh... yeah"

"Bring this upstairs and take a rest. I'll wake you up at 5 so you can be all ready before 7"

"How could you know that he's gonna pick me up at 7?"

"That's the typical date time, now shoo!"

Now I actually am wondering what is so special about Mew. From all I knew, he was just another ordinary senior boy that is somewhat badass and flirty but had a kind heart, I see nothing rare or oh-so-special about him. But again, usually, mae's judgment was never wrong so there must be something in him that made her so fond of the idea of him.

I threw myself on the bed, sighing loudly at all the thoughts in my head. Maybe a quick nap is what I actually need, but I'm not that sleepy yet. I huffed out in annoyance, lazily looking for my laptop before playing a random movie. I watched silently as I binged on the cookies and without me knowing it, my eyes become droopier with each second and the next thing I know, I fell asleep.