FORTY-THREE

chp. 43

Slowly, Chaeryeong's eyes had blinked open, her eyebrows scrunching up due to the immense light streaming through their curtains.

As usual, she could feel the warm breath of her wife fanning her shoulder. It was a nice feeling to wake up to, knowing that Yuna was sleeping soundly beside her whilst holding her tightly. She would never trade this for anything.

Chaeryeong grabbed her phone from the nightstand and checked the time, relief washing over her as she noticed that it was only 7 AM. Their scheduled event started at 10.

She sighed softly, not wanting to disturb Yuna's peaceful slumber. Gently, she extricated herself from Yuna's embrace, careful not to wake her. Sitting up on the edge of the bed, she stretched her arms overhead, feeling the tension in her muscles release.

As Chaeryeong reached for her glasses, she glanced back at Yuna, who had shifted in her sleep, murmuring something unintelligible. A fond smile tugged at the corners of Chaeryeong's lips as she admired her wife's serene expression.

The morning sunlight bathed their bedroom in a soft glow, casting a warm ambiance over the room. Chaeryeong couldn't help but feel grateful for this peaceful moment, the stillness of the early morning creating a sense of tranquility.

Quietly, she made her way to the kitchen, her bare feet padding against the cool wooden floor. She prepared a pot of coffee, relishing in the comforting aroma that filled the air. As the coffee brewed, she suddenly felt cold in her thin pyjamas, missing the warmth of Yuna's embrace.

So, she gave the coffee maker one last glance before hurrying back upstairs, entering their bedroom with light steps.

Crawling back into bed, Chaeryeong slid herself under the covers, bringing it up to her shoulders. She nestled closer to her sleeping wife, her head resting near Yuna's shoulder as she wrapped an arm around the latter's waist.

Yuna stirred slightly, her eyes fluttering open to meet Chaeryeong's gaze. A sleepy smile spread across her face as she recognized her wife's presence.

"Good morning," Yuna murmured, her voice still laced with drowsiness.

"Good morning, love," Chaeryeong replied softly, her voice filled with warmth. "I couldn't resist coming back to bed with you."

Yuna chuckled softly, her fingers tracing gentle circles on Chaeryeong's back. "I'm glad you did. It feels so cozy here."

They lay there, wrapped in each other's embrace, savoring the quiet intimacy of the moment. The world outside seemed to fade away as they focused on the soft rhythm of their breathing and the comforting weight of their bodies intertwined.

Then, the angelic voice of Yuna cut through the peaceful silence, causing Chaeryeong's eyes to widen slightly, her attention fixed. "Today's the shoot." Yuna shifted in her spot, inching closer to the writer's face. "How do you feel about it?"

Chaeryeong hummed in contemplation. "Nervous? I heard couple shoots aren't as easy since you need to be compatible with your partner."

Yuna's eyebrows furrowed the same time her bottom lip jutted out. "Are we not compatible?"

"No," Chaeryeong chuckled, waving her hands. "I'm just nervous because I'm going to have to do a photoshoot with a worldwide famous model without any experience." She nodded. "That's all."

"Oh," Yuna uttered. "But you don't have to worry, photoshoots don't need much experience. You just have to be photogenic - which you are - and listen to the photographers. Easy peasy."