FORTY

chp. 40

"What the hell are you doing?" Yeji shouted, springing up from her seat while wiping her tears away. "What do you think she'd say, Heesung? What's your point in doing this?"

Heesung panted and panted, ignoring Yeji's words as he looked up at a shocked Chaeryeong. "Please... Can we talk?"

The venue began to fill with murmurs and whispers, throwing the bride off. Chaeryeong opened her mouth, only to close it the second after. She glanced at Yuna, who was surprisingly giving her an encouraging smile, as if she was telling Chaeryeong to decide without considering her.

"I—" Chaeryeong sighed, staring straight at Heesung. "I'm sorry, but you've already done enough by ruining the wedding. I don't want to talk to you right now."

"But... Chaeryeong," Heesung swallowed. "I— I've always liked you, but I never came to terms with it since we were best friends and I didn't want to ruin the relationship. So I tried to date other—"

"Heesung." Chaeryeong's voice was firm, silencing everyone else. "You can't tell me that when I'm literally a second away from marrying the love of my life, that isn't fair. You expect me to just leave this wedding so I could talk to you? No!"

The writer took a deep breath, and her expression was softer than before. "You're.. You're too late, Heesung. If you told me this years ago, then maybe we would be something. But I'm glad you didn't, because now my heart belongs to someone else and I don't feel sorry for it."

"I..." Heesung sighed heavily, a hand rubbing his temples.

Yuna squeezed Chaeryeong's hand, bringing the latter's gaze to her for a glance. The model smiled lovingly at her, as if she was proud of how she handled the situation.

Then, as seconds passed, Yuna came up with a decision. She shot a look at Kazuha, who shot a look at the security guards by the side. And eventually, Heesung was forcefully grabbed by the arms. The guards began to drag him away.

"W-Wait! Let me go! I have more to say and if you could just listen to me—"

Yuna only sighed, diverting her gaze to her lovely bride. She squeezed her hands once more before she leaned in and whispered. "I'm sorry for not dragging him out earlier."

Chaeryeong shook her head. "It's fine. At least I got to say what I wanted to say."

The couple could still hear Heesung's protests even with the door closed, and it certainly elicited chuckled from the two as it heavily amused them how unfortunate this situation was.

The end of their vows were practically ruined, and now the romantic and emotional part of the wedding had dissipated. It was the officiating part now.

Everything had passed with a blur for Chaeryeong, since her mind was only focused on the part where she got to kiss Yuna at the official announcement of their marriage. She couldn't exactly remember when the rings got onto their ring fingers, but now that she was looking at it, it sure sparkled brightly.

Soon enough, the celebration party began, and most had forgotten about the stunt that a certain male Lee had pulled, but not all.

Amidst the chatters and excitement among their merged groups, Chaeryeong was pulled aside by Minho.

Truthfully, the writer was scared. She was quite nervous about what Minho would think of her after everything that happened, including their past interactions. But as they chatted, nothing negative seemed to surface.

"I'm..." Minho paused, averting his gaze as he scratched the nape of his neck before looking back. "I'm actually glad Yuna found you."

Chaeryeong tried her best to keep the surprise off her face, but her eyes had completely betrayed her as Minho instantly chuckled after.