THIRTY-FIVE

chp. 35

The pleasant sound of the birds chirping had been the source of Chaeryeong's awakening. A groan immediately escaped her lips when she opened her eyes, blinded by the sunlight streaming through the blinds of a very familiar room.

As she was about to close her eyes once more, her nose picked up a familiar scent that she herself did not wear. After a few purposeful sniffs, Chaeryeong held back the gasp as she realized why it felt so familiar.

This is Yuna's room.

When the writer got curious, the first thing she did was to move and look around her, but the moment she tried to sit up, her head locked her onto her pillow, the pounding overwhelming her.

Chaeryeong winced, her hand instinctively reaching for her forehead as a throbbing headache set in. Her gaze shifted to the side, where she magically spotted a glass of water and a bottle of pain relievers placed on the bedside table. With great effort and no further questions, she managed to sit up slowly, taking small sips of water and swallowing the pain reliever.

As she waited for the medication to take effect, Chaeryeong's eyes wandered around the room. She took in the organized room, smiling at certain decorations, from the photos on the wall to the neatly arranged books on the shelves. The realization struck her once again—she was in Yuna's room.

The door creaked open, and Yuna entered, holding a tray with a plate of toast and a cup of tea. Her expression softened when she saw Chaeryeong awake, but then a flash of realization hit her, and her expression hardened.

"You're awake," she nonchalantly said, closing the door with her right foot before she began to walk toward the writer.

Meanwhile, Chaeryeong sat still, stunned. But most of all, she was bewildered by the fact that she was somehow in Yuna's room.

They didn't share a bedroom anymore, so how'd she get here?

Unfortunately, due to the headache and the estimation of the amount of alcohol she drank last night, Chaeryeong was left without an answer.

Yuna would've brought her to her own room, wouldn't she?

"Yeah, uh," Chaeryeong waved awkwardly, cursing the headache for making her look dumb. "Hi," she uttered, dropping her hand.

Yuna shot her an odd look before she suddenly placed the tray of well-prepared breakfast on top of Chaeryeong's lap, surprising the latter.

"This is..?"

Yuna deadpanned, "Breakfast."

Embarrassment tainted her cheeks, "Right, yeah. Thanks." Then, tearing her stunned gaze away from the stunning model, she hesitantly picked up the toast, eyeing it.

As Chaeryeong attempted to get a small bite of the delicious breakfast, a terrible wave of nausea suddenly washed over her, causing her to drop the toast instinctively to cover her mouth.

Yuna's eyes narrowed, concern filling her gaze as she observed the other's movements. Just when the possible idea of Chaeryeong throwing up all over her exquisite wooden flooring, the model swiftly grabbed a nearby wastebasket and placed it in front of Chaeryeong, just in time for her to lean over and vomit.

Chaeryeong's face turned even paler as she emptied her stomach, feeling utterly embarrassed and disgusted with herself. She couldn't believe she had managed to ruin what could have been a peaceful moment.

Yuna, who tried her hardest to seem unfazed, the clean freak in her acted beforehand and her face scrunched in disgust. "Gosh dammit, Ryeong."

"Sorry!" Chaeryeong muttered, then sprung up from the bed and ran to the bathroom, sliding the door shut with force as a cover-up for the embarrassment tracing behind her.