FIFTEEN

chp. 15

"Nice to finally meet you, I'm Jisu."

Chaeryeong politely smiled and shook the woman's hand — the woman who claimed to be Yuna's best friend. The actor did not look pleased.

Chaeryeong felt a mixture of disappointment and relief as the unexpected interruption disrupted the charged atmosphere between her and Yuna. She quickly composed herself, her smile turning genuine as she greeted Jisu.

"Nice to meet you as well, Jisu," Chaeryeong said, her voice warm and friendly. She tried to hide her disappointment, not wanting to let it show. After all, she couldn't blame Jisu for the timing of her arrival.

Yuna, on the other hand, seemed visibly frustrated by the interruption. Her eyes flickered from Chaeryeong to Jisu, her expression tense. It was clear that she had been about to say something important before they were interrupted.

Jisu, oblivious to the underlying tension, smiled cheerfully at both Chaeryeong and Yuna. "I've heard so much about you, Chaeryeong. This big giraffe talks about you all the time," she said, shooting a meaningful glance at Yuna.

Chaeryeong's heart skipped a beat at Jisu's words, her curiosity piqued. What could Yuna possibly be saying about her?

"I'm a bit hungry, do you guys have food?" Jisu asked, already walking towards the kitchen with her bags, leaving the other two alone.

Chaeryeong glanced at Yuna, "What were you going to say?"

Yuna seemed hesitant, opening her mouth then closing it. Her gaze averted before flickering back. "I..It's nothing," she muttered, adding a sigh after.

Chaeryeong couldn't ignore the disappointment that washed over her when Yuna dismissed her question. She had hoped for a moment of honesty, a chance for them to address whatever happened or was going to happen earlier, but of course, she shouldn't hope for anything.

Feeling a mix of frustration and confusion, Chaeryeong watched as Yuna's gaze flickered away once again. The silence in the room became stifling, as if the unspoken words were building an invisible barrier between them.

Feeling suffocated, she nodded and turned away, following the woman's best friend into the kitchen.

Yuna's eyes followed her, running her hand through her hair in frustration. She wondered if inviting Jisu was a mistake.

——

"A movie marathon this early in the morning?"

"Mm, what's wrong with it?"

"Yuna doesn't like movies," Jisu snickered, sending her best friend a teasing glance. "Says they're boring."

"Oooh, have you only watched Rom-Coms?" Yeji chuckled. "No wonder."

"Rom-Coms are good! What are you guys talking about?" Chaeryeong defended, frowning. She folded her legs inwards, sitting comfortably on the couch as the others sat on the floor.

"Whatever," Yuna butted in, sitting up on the couch. "Watch whatever you want, I'm only here for the food."

"That's Yuna for you," Jisu murmured and followed her best friend, taking control of the remote. "Okay, what are we watching first?"

Yeji and Jisu began to go through all the options, munching on some chips in the process. While the two did that, Yuna moved closer to Chaeryeong who was staring at her messages, eyebrows furrowed.