THIRTY-THREE

chp. 33

Lonely nights passed in a flash, and now Yuna was back on her private jet, a solemn expression upon her face. Kazuha sighed.

"You alright, boss?" the manager asked with concern, trying to catch the actor's gaze. "We're finally going back to Korea. And you'll finally see your fiancée again."

Yuna nodded subtly, finding no energy within herself to respond verbally. Ever since the rumours, she and Chaeryeong had been distant. Literally and figuratively. Chaeryeong never returned her calls, so Yuna stopped trying to reach her, making a goal to confront her when she was back in Seoul.

She didn't know what she did wrong, it was already proven that the article was fake, yet it didn't seem like Chaeryeong believed her as she never reached out nor replied to her texts.

Yuna could only think of an answer that she desperately wanted to become true; Chaeryeong needed space and was secretly anticipating her arrival at the airport, waiting for her with open arms.

That was only the result of her hope though.

A few hours later, Yuna was already walking out the automatic doors of the airport, reporters and cameras surrounding her, flashes blinding her sight to the point where she had to hold onto Kazuha in order to walk in the right direction.

Once she got into the car that had been waiting for her and her manager, Yuna instantly demanded the driver to drive to the nearest convenience store.

"Why?" Kazuha asked, revealing her piqued curiosity.

Yuna kept a cold demeanour and looked out the window, "I'm craving something."

Soon, she walked out with two bags full of snacks and her secretary eyeing them with suspicion.

Kazuha had a hard time believing that the model would finish all of that, unless she made a decision to quit the model career and give up her slim figure.

Yuna then took over the wheel, dropping Kazuha and the driver off before she raced back home. Glancing at the filled plastic bags in the passenger seat, her calm and collected expression broke instantly, her gaze filled with despair and longing.

Pulling into her driveway with hope and anticipation bubbling in her chest, Yuna snatched the bags of snacks and exited her car.

But that was when she spotted the back of an unfamiliar car, sitting right in front of the stone pathway that lead to the front door.

Yuna then slowly made her way to the entrance, skeptical of the car that she had never seen. Had Chaeryeong already moved on? Or did she get a new car and Yuna was just overthinking?

Suddenly, once the front door and a tall figure came into her view, the model nearly dropped the bags in her hands. Her eyebrows gradually met in the middle, creating a small crease in her forehead.

Heesung was handing three bags full of snacks to Chaeryeong, who was smiling at him widely as she accepted the gift.

Yuna's hand balled up into a fist.

She decided to get back into her car and drive away until Heesung had left, then return to properly confront her fiancée about that odd interaction.

It took a bit until Yuna spotted Heesung's car driving past her, down the hill, and that's when she made a big U-turn, speeding back to her house.

Turning off the car, Yuna rushed toward the door with haste, pressing the doorbell with a need for answers. Her gaze blazed with fiery.

The door opened, and it soon revealed a smiling Chaeryeong. "I told you that I don't need—" Her smile fell. "Y—Yuna?"

Without an answer, Yuna walked past the shocked writer despite her desire to embrace Chaeryeong until her arms gave out.

Hearing the door click behind her, Yuna made her way into the kitchen without a word nor a glance behind her. Much to her surprise, as she started to sort the snacks into the pantry, she found the space still organized, each snack in its respective places.

She could feel Chaeryeong's warm presence behind her in the kitchen, but Yuna absolutely refused to make eye contact.

She was too jealous to do so.

"Yuna."

Ignored.

"Yuna."

The model closed the pantry door and strolled to her clean tea box, making cinnamon tea.

"Yuna," Chaeryeong held her arm, and Yuna had to bite down on her tongue to remind herself not to give into her gentle touch. "Stop ignoring me."

Yuna didn't budge. Instead, she watched as the cinnamon tea came to life.

"Yuna!" Chaeryeong shouted, her voice cracking slightly. The actress had the sudden urge to give the act up and sink into Chaeryeong's embrace, but she held herself back.

"Is it true?" Chaeryeong began to tear up. Yuna remained silent and picked up her teacup, taking a small sip. "Yuna, answer me."

Yuna continued to sip her tea, refusing to give Chaeryeong the satisfaction of a response. The silence in the kitchen grew heavy, filled only with the sound of their breathing and the occasional sniffle from Chaeryeong.

Unable to bear the silence any longer, Chaeryeong took a step closer, her voice trembling. "Yuna, please. I need to know if it's true or not. Did you cheat on me?"

Yuna's grip on the teacup tightened, her knuckles turning white. She could feel her own emotions swirling inside her, torn between the desire to lash out and the yearning to hold Chaeryeong close. But the jealousy that had consumed her made it difficult for her to let go of her silence.

Chaeryeong reached out, her hand hovering near Yuna's arm, pleading for a connection. "Yuna, we've always promised to be honest with each other. Please, talk to me."

In truth, Yuna felt scared.

She was aware of how in love she already was with Chaeryeong, and anything could easily break her into pieces. That's how fragile she was.

And feeling scared to fall deeper in love, the familiar pain followed along, so Yuna only returned to what she found comfort in.

Avoiding it.

Yuna abruptly set her teacup down, her voice finally breaking through the silence, cold and distant. "I don't owe you any explanations, Chaeryeong."

She didn't want to do this.

The hurt on Chaeryeong's face deepened, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Yuna, please don't do this again."

But she had to.

"Don't avoid me like before," Chaeryeong's voice cracked once more, evidence of the hurt she was experiencing. "Please."

For her and Chaeryeong's sake.

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

tissues?

tissues?

JIAN .