THIRTY-TWO

chp. 32

"How's your relationship?" Ningning asked, plopping down on the comfortable white couch that she hadn't sat in in years.

Chaeryeong invited some of Yuna's friends - or ones that she considered her own friends - over since Yeji was too busy with her parents' company. She had done everything she wanted to do in the past couple of days, so she had nothing else to do other than hang out with a couple of people.

"Good! Actually," Chaeryeong beamed, reminding herself about the late night calls. "Even though she's far away from me, we've been balanced," she proudly replied.

Ningning nodded for a few moments, seemingly lost in contemplation or her own thoughts. Before she could open her mouth, the highly-energetic-but-now-distressed boy bursted into the living room with haste and his phone clutched in his hand. His expression sent great worry toward the two girls.

"What's wrong?" Ningning immediately asked, easily recognizing the current state of her close friend.

Jaemin panted and panted, taking a few moments to breathe. While Chaeryeong remained worried, he seemed to be in a hurry to deliver whatever information he had with his phone in hand, and she wasn't close enough to the boy to even guess what it was about.

The anticipation was killing her.

Not having enough patience, Ningning stood up to her feet and swiftly snatched the phone out of the blonde boy's hands, ignoring his arm that was reaching out to stop her. Her eyes widened slightly after scanning the screen, leading to Chaeryeong's interest and curiosity piquing almost immediately.

"What?" the writer inquired, eager to know what was causing the horrid expressions on the other two.

"Chaeryeong," Ningning uttered, slowly making her way to the girl's side with her gaze darting between the phone and the writer. "Look."

Adjusting to the brightness of the screen, she squinted her eyes as she read the article. And when her brain finally registered the headline and the picture, Chaeryeong's hands flew to grip the phone in disbelief.

"What—"

"—the fuck?" Yuna blurted out, clicking on the article for more information. When the site finished loading, her furious gaze landed on a picture of her and that Italian woman from the modelling event with Armani, supposedly "kissing".

Although, the photo was shot from a different angle where it seemed like they kissed, but in truth, they did not. It was heavily edited as well.

More messages popped up on the top of her screen, and the first thing she was worried about was Chaeryeong's name showing on one of the notifications. Concern and anxiety began to attack her, throwing the calmness out the window.

What if Chaeryeong saw it?

'Would she believe it?'

The first thing Yuna had to do was solve this problem and clear up the rumours, she didn't even have the energy to merely read the comments of the article. She knew there would be many people attacking her.

With a few taps, she called Kazuha up, desperate for a solution and help.

As soon as the line connected, Yuna went on a feverish rant, surprising Kazuha by how vulnerable the actress sounded in this exact moment. She herself had anticipated the call after seeing the article, but Kazuha didn't know how her boss would react.