THIRTEEN

chp. 13

"Yuna," Chaeryeong said with a warning tone. "You need to let go of me."

The couple were currently back in their house after Chaeryeong drove them back home. The actor was very drunk, shockingly. She didn't seem like one who had so much guts to drink five glasses of whiskey and not be responsible for herself.

After arriving home, Chaeryeong faced various challenges on getting the model physically inside, a whining Yuna was a case she had never stood upon.

Ooh, getting her up the stairs was quite a challenge too.

And now that they were in Yuna's room — which Chaeryeong had never seen before — the woman refused to let go of her.

"Why would I? Isn't my fiancée supposed to sleep with me?" Yuna slurred, her arms tightening around Chaeryeong's waist, causing the writer to hover over her.

"Well, in this case — no."

"Why not?"

"Because you said that we should sleep separately."

"Okay, well stupid me," Yuna mumbled, flipping their close bodies so that she was hovering over the other.

Chaeryeong's breath hitched.

"You know," the actress murmured, her eyes straining. "You look reaaallly pretty right now."

Chaeryeong blushed, feeling a mix of embarrassment and flattery. Yuna's drunken state made her words come out more straightforward than usual, and the writer wasn't sure how to respond. She tried to gently push Yuna away, attempting to regain some control of the situation.

"Yuna, you're not in the right state of mind," Chaeryeong said softly, trying to keep her voice steady. "We should get you to bed so you can rest."

Yuna pouted, her gaze fixed on Chaeryeong's face. "But I want to stay with you. I missed you so much."

'You what now?'

Chaeryeong sighed, feeling torn. She understood that Yuna was intoxicated and likely didn't fully grasp the implications of her actions. However, she couldn't deny the genuine longing in Yuna's eyes. It was clear that Yuna's affection was genuine, even if it was amplified by the alcohol.

Something that she failed to believe. Yuna's genuine affection.

"Yuna, we can talk about this in the morning," Chaeryeong suggested, gently trying to disentangle herself from Yuna's grip. "Right now, it's important for you to rest and sober up."

Yuna's lower lip trembled, and she reluctantly released her hold on Chaeryeong. "Fine," she mumbled, disappointment evident in her voice. "Just... stay here."

The writer stared at the other, examining her expression for any signs of... anything. But all she found was sadness and fatigue.

Chaeryeong hesitated for a moment, conflicted by Yuna's request. She understood that Yuna wanted her presence, but she also knew that giving in to her desires could blur the lines of their relationship further. However, seeing the vulnerability in Yuna's eyes, Chaeryeong couldn't bring herself to deny her this small comfort.

"Okay," Chaeryeong whispered, her voice filled with a mix of concern and tenderness. "I'll stay here with you until you fall asleep."

Yuna's face brightened slightly, a small smile playing on her lips. Chaeryeong carefully maneuvered herself to lie beside Yuna on the bed, leaving a respectable distance between them. She could feel the warmth radiating from Yuna's body, the proximity sending a jolt of electricity through her.