ONE

(A/N: did not proofread this so i hope it doesn't have a lot of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes...)

chp. 1

Sitting in the office chair of her parents' conference room, she spun the exclusive pen with 'LJC' printed on it in gold. Chaeryeong was currently waiting for her soon-to-be wife to show up for their arranged meeting — as well as arranged marriage.

All of it was because of both companies collaborating and since both families were rich and wealthy, they thought that it'd be best if the two married each other to polish their images even more.

Something she absolutely despised is the fact that her parents loved to indulge themselves in her love life, and her disfavour towards it had doubled after they suddenly called her up while she was dining at a French restaurant, stating that she would be marrying some woman named Shin Yuna.

Okay, scrap the 'some' part. Chaeryeong knew who Shin Yuna was perfectly well.

Maybe not perfectly, but you get it.

Shin Yuna, the president of a successful company that she inherited from her parents. If her research was accurate, the woman had been managing the company for about three years already. In spite of her well-known reputation as the CEO, she was also a professional model, she even became the house ambassador for Chanel once.

And to top it all off, she was also an actor. The least anyone could say about Yuna was that — the woman was multi-talented.

Chaeryeong had also found her incredibly attractive — despite her nine year crush on her best friend, Heesung — she couldn't deny the fact that Shin Yuna was one hell of a visual. Models should be praying on her downfall because she was completely wrecking their careers.

The door suddenly swung open, causing Chaeryeong to drop her pen in surprise, snapping her head toward the direction. Under the doorway revealed two adults who she assumed to be the Shins as her parents stood up the moment they saw her, and behind them was — Shin Yuna.

Chaeryeong instantly stood up, following her parents' actions such as bowing respectfully toward the Shin family. But as soon as she raised her head and met Yuna's piercing gaze, she nearly collapsed.

The woman was even more beautiful in person. The camera does not capture all the beauty after all.

Stunned, Chaeryeong averted her gaze and sat back down, she basically fell back into the chair due to how weak her legs were. Wow. So this was why Yuna was such a famous public figure, huh?

"Pleasure to meet you!" Mr. Shin boomed, offering a handshake towards the young Lee. Taken aback, Chaeryeong hesitantly took his hand and shook it with a polite smile, shaking the hand of who she presumed to be Mrs. Shin as well.

However, Yuna did not offer her hand in any sort of way. She only stared at her nails that seemed to shin brightly under the light, she definitely took great care of it.

The brief meeting lasted no longer than thirty minutes as it was only a simple talk to get to know the family, but during those thirty minutes, Chaeryeong noticed how quiet Yuna actually was. She was slightly intimidated, however, it wasn't something she couldn't deal with.

Chaeryeong figured that the woman just needed to warm up to her.

Soon, the meeting ended. Chaeryeong's family had said their farewells and left the two supposed wives alone in the room, only because they had requested the two to "talk" and get to know each other before they start living together. It was absurd to Chaeryeong how they had to live together just because of this arranged marriage, but it made sense. They were going to be publicly announced as a couple in the next two days, so it wouldn't look good if it was revealed that the two weren't living under the same roof.