Chapter 18

Sewell's P.O.V

"Are you really going to allow three male wolves on her on?
Do you know what you're signing up for? Goodness son, this is the first mate that has ever made you look like your previous self and you want to give it up knowing she might not survive this?," My mother asked me a series of questions in distress but my hands are tied.

"Mom, I don't know how to explain this but Zara has sensed it when I was planning with the others to interrupt the fight or do something to stop it. She said if we interfere in her fight with them that is akin to insulting her. So do you think it is great to interfere in her fight?," I questioned looking at my mom with raised brows.

"I lied to Zara when she trusted me with her brother's well being but I took it for granted. She promised to take her brother out of the country to start their lives somewhere else if we as much as lies to her and that means we can't interfere in her decisions," Celeste said with a sigh of tiredness. My father was deep in thought I'm sure he was talking to his Alpha side, his wolf is an ancient one just like mine. They're intelligent and very powerful.

"My wolf said no one should interrupt the fight no matter what. He said there's a reason for her being mated to Sewell, and she's the only one who could break the spell of the curse," my father said with a serious expression. Well..., this matter is more delicate that we thought. As I was about to ask what spell and curse he was talking about, my dad's beta came in with a hurried footsteps and sat down beside me with a serious expression.

"Don't interfere in this fight. Those two kids Father is a very powerful man and he can eliminate this pack within a blink but he respects his daughter's decision. He knows what she's capable of doing and he himself knows about our entire race. Human he might be but he's our protector, like a guardian. More powerful than the last lycan  king," my dad's beta revealed with a very serious expression causing my father to furrow his brows.

"What's his name?" Father asked his beta.

"Damien Foster Wyatt," beta Jack said looking at my dad who's eyes widened in shock.

"But... bu.....but.....," My father tried to form a sentence but it ended being stumbling words.

"No he didn't. He was betrayed by his entire family except for his parents. His parents were murdered in front of him and his daughter who's Zara. He got into a car accident but nobody knows what happened after that but all I know now is he's more powerful than before and would eliminate anyone who dares as much as disrespects his children," beta Jack said interrupting my dad gently.. But father looked very shaken and I knew immediately that there's something he's hiding. His eyes held distress, sadness and most of all regrets but the question is what are his regrets and why?

"We were best friends back then he called me to help him but I couldn't get there in time. I couldn't save my friend, someone who never once question my decision and just supported me whenever I needed him to," dad voice shook with Shame, I've never heard him speak that way before.

"He will always say we all have secrets but some secrets are better kept in the deepest part of our hearts because you can never really tell the future as people are sometimes unpredictable so I never got to tell him what I really was and he was never bothered with it because he said it doesn't matter what matters is that our bond was sincere. I remember one time someone blurted about me hiding a lot of things from him, he had beaten that person blue and black and told him, my brother doesn't lie," my dad said  with nostalgia and wiped his unshed tears in distress.

"I'm sure he will understand you. If he's still the same person who you knew," my mom said comfortingly.

"He's the same dad, from what you have said earlier I know he hasn't changed. He's very playful and loving father. He has even accepted us indirectly," Celeste said and I chuckled remembering Zara, Steven and their father's conversation at the hospital.