Chapter 9

Closing my eyes I welcome sleep with a smile. Whatever happens I will not permit her to leave me because she's my light.

Sewell's POV
***
I stirred awoke when I felt the girl trying to wiggle out of my arms, I tightened my arm around her waist making sure to keep her caged but I turned her around so we were facing each other. She looked at me with a frown and annoyance, the displeasure was written all over her face as she looked into my eyes.

Well I don't blame her since she really doesn't know what is going on with me, I tried to keep my face as blank as possible but something told me she could see through me at a glance which no one has ever been able to do except my parents especially my father.

We kept looking at each other for about a whole ten minutes. "Let go of me, I wanna go home," she finally stated sighing at the end. I really didn't want her out of my sight but I know I have to, well at least for now until I figure things out.

"Okay but could you at least have dinner before going back?" I asked hoping and praying to God that she would at least agree even though I know she have to go to her stay eventually.

"Okay, I'm quite hungry," she agreed easily which made me sighed in relief internally. I unentangled my arms around her waist and watched as she walked into the bathroom to do her business, I ran a hand through my hair in agitation, I really don't know what I would do to get her close to me without looking like a freak in front of her.

Five minutes later we both took the elevator downstairs, we exited the elevator walking side by side to the dinning room where some of the pack members were sitting about to eat, my family included. I could feel the curious and astonished gaze from the pack members as I pulled out a chair for my mate to sit.

I took my sit beside my mate, took a plate and served her some food, as I placed the plate of food in front of her on the table I saw her lips curled up just a bit, she almost smiled but held it in and I wish I could get her to smile fully, I wonder what she will look like if she smiles.

I just loved the breathtaking smile she had on her lips when she was talking to the guy on phone. I was so jealous at that moment and only calmed down when I knew she was lying about him being her fiance.

After we were done eating and cleared the table, well more like the maids cleared it and brought in desert for everyone.

"Could you take me around the town tomorrow?" we heard her suddenly asked out of the blue while looking at me. She really wants me to take her out tomorrow...? I never thought in a million times she would ask that of me, it just shocked me into silence.

"So?"she asked with raised brows seeing I kept my mouth shut without replying.

"Okay, if that's what you want, we will do just that," I replied with a shrugged while she shook her head in disagreement.

"Do you want to go with me or not? That's the question I was trying to ask," she said leaning back into the chair.

" Yes I want to," I replied firmly.
"That there is a better reply," she murmured more to herself but we all heard her, thanks for advanced hearing.

After desert I escorted her outside and she took her motorcycle and rode home, I watched her disappeared into the dark night. I walked back into the living room where my parents and some of the pack members were with a sigh as I felt how the females casted me a disgusted look but I just shook it off because I'm used to it already but I hope my mate would one-day look at me differently because I wouldn't be able to leave with myself knowing she's disgusted at the mere sight of me.

"So how is she doing around you?" My dad asked as I sat down.

"She's fighting the bond, I mean she's comfortable around me and all but is as if she's not good at trusting someone and to top it all I'm a stranger whose name she doesn't even know yet," I replied not caring the pack members were listening to our conversation.

"She's strong and special that I can assure you. She isn't someone who can be won over easily but I know you are an exception and I know she could feel it, I saw it in her eyes for a split second so don't give up and everything would be fine hopefully," my mom assured me firmly which I hummed at not sure if that was true though.

****Zara's P.O.V****

I arrived home safely, I let out a sigh as I entered my bedroom with a sigh of tiredness. Even though I have had enough sleep I still felt sleepy, I kicked off my shoes and jacket, I went into the closet and dropped my clothes in the laundry basket before going into the bathroom to take a quick shower.

After taking my bath I slipped on a white cotton short and a red t-shirt before hopping onto the bed. I took my cell phone and called my brother, I've been thinking lately and I think it would be better for him to come stay with me here until he's done with senior year. The call connected on the second ring and I smiled.

"Hello sis," I heard his cheerful voice from the other side which set me at ease immediately.

"Hey sweetheart, how are you doing?" I asked.
"I'm good sis," he replied with reassurance.

"I've been thinking lately and I think it would be better for you to come over the day after tomorrow, what do you say?" I said waiting for his reply.

"That's great, I have been thinking same thing too, I've missed you so much," he replied with his voice full of laughter.

"Okay, then I will tell Carl to bring you over," I told him and he hummed in agreement, we had a five minutes random chat and wished ourselves good night before hanging up.

I called Carl and relaid everything to him and he agreed to bring my brother the day after tomorrow which I was grateful for.

I laid in bed and closed my eyes, the image of the masked young man flushed across my mind, I remembered being in my sleep and him pulling me closer and the Sparks that erupted everywhere his body touched, the way he served me food without caring about the people who were watching.

I snapped my eyes open instantly wondering why I was even having such thoughts about a total stranger. I even went as far as asking him to go out with me, I just don't know why but there's this look in his eyes that spoke volumes of fear, pain, confusion and hope.

To be truthful there are so many emotions that I could not describe and something in me wants to comfort him and that freaks me out too.

I also noticed how the females looked at him in disgust and apprehension and something in me just wants to dig out their eyes and that thought alone scared the hell out of me but thanks to my super CEO spirit, otherwise I would have displayed my emotions then and there. I laid there thinking about what has been happening in my life lately and fell asleep without knowing.

**********
Tell me what you think about Sewell and Zara. Do you think Zara would accept a stranger into her life especially since she doesn't really trust anyone but only a few. Would Sewell be uncovering his dark side for her to see?