Chapter 6

Zara's P.O.V

It been two days since I met the man who they claimed was the mayor of this town , the way I had acted there was not like me at all.  I'm just not the weekend person , I easily gets mad when someone wake me up from bed too early during weekends

I'm currently riding Jake's motorcycle to the school my new brother would attend when he gets here , I want to make quick arrangements for him so that he could come over as soon as necessary , with his so called auntie in that city I'm not at ease with him staying there on his on .

I pulled up in front of the school gate looking at the bold black and gold letters which read " SILVER MOON HIGH SCHOOL " weird name for a nice school but it makes sense as everything here looks weird , even the people have this weird aura surrounding them while Mr. Muscles looks like the boss or leader of a were pack . Not to mention the name of the town is the same as the school.

I sighed before riding the motorcycle into the vicinity of the school , is now or never. I want to get this over and done with as fast as I can.

The registration and everything went smoothly and I returned home , Jake told me I could keep his motorcycle for the time being in case I need it .

It almost six pm as I stood on the balcony of my bedroom looking at the green forest , this has been my routine for the past two days , there's something about the forest that drawn me to it , as if I belonged to it and I was meant to explore the secret it held without fear , I shook my thoughts away not liking it , who knows what lies in the depths of that forest and the secret it holds.

I ate dinner , took my bath and dressed in my sleeping wear with my hair is a messy ponytail. I crawled under my blanket and rested my back against the soft surface of the bed , I took my cellphone from the beside table and texted my brother a message wishing him a good night .

I've been tossing and turning for three hours straight for no apparent reason , I kept glancing at the forest the whole time I slipped into my bed  , giving up on sleep I took my flashlight and padded downstairs , I went through the back door, walking towards the forest , I allowed the darkness to swallow me as I disappeared into the woods using the flashlight to guide my way through the darkness .

I don't know how long I've been walking but the groan of someone startled me , I furrowed my brows but before I could think I heard another painful groan , this time around I knew where it came from , I sprinted forward taking the slightly clear path on my left side behind a huge tree .

I strode  for  about a minute or two before I saw a trail of blood on the dried leaves which laid below the trees , after walking for another minute I saw something which made me gasped quietly , thanks to the CEO spirit I have in my blood , other wise I would have been a screaming mess , the last thing I want is to wake the whole town up.

There in front of me laid an almost naked man in only a black boxer short , he was laying on his stomach and facing another direction with his face , blood and mud  was all over him , I inched closer to him and rounded him , I looked at his face with the help of my touch light , half of his face which was facing me was covered in a golden mask.

" Hello , are you okay ? " I asked as I squatted in front of him.

" Help" he said difficulty. I frowned slightly , I don't trust most people so helping this guy would be out of my way but I couldn't leave him to die out here alone , my conscience would never permit that.

" Ple...ase " I heard him whispered painfully , for some bizarre reason his painful plea thug my heart leading to me giving in .

" Okay I'll help you " I told him gently. " I need you to stay awake for a while till we get to my stay " I told him as I helped him to his feet with much difficulty , I groaned slightly at his weight.

It took us about ten minutes before we got to my stay , I helped him upstairs as the other rooms didn't have beds yet and I wouldn't have him sleeping on the cold floor , goodness this guy is heavy , like really heavy .

I helped him into my bathroom and into the jacuzzi , I adjusted the temperature of the water and filled the jacuzzi while he was half conscious , if I was having blood all over me I wouldn't be able to get a peaceful sleep so I couldn't let him sleep that way , plus he looks like someone who needs a bath.

After making sure he was probably cleaned up , I helped him wrapped up in a bathrobe before helping him out of there and into my bed , I covered him with a blanket and went to the kitchen to get him a glass of water.

I know you're probably thinking about why I'm doing all this for a stranger but Carl's father has once said it doesn't matter if you are a stranger to someone because every relationship starts with both individuals being strangers and I believe that's the truth.

If you help someone then help them with everything you've got with no regrets left behind.  I helped the man drank the water before he passed out into a peaceful slumber , as I starred at the stranger I find myself asking two  questions

" who are you and what were you doing in the middle of the night in the woods " I asked realizing I had said that out loud .

I went to the couch and laid there with a sigh of exhaustion , the man has made me used up all my energy in helping him with everything ,  what an adventure . I didn't know when I had drifted off to sleep with a stranger in my bedroom and in my bed .

The sun was out in no time and sending it rays through my window , I frowned slightly before fluttering my eyes opened. As I yawned everything that happened last night came flooding into my brain , I jerked off the couch and sprinted in the direction of my bed , seeing the man still sleeping I sighed in relief before going into the bathroom and doing my morning business and exiting the room.

I prepared a bowl of porridge and chicken soup for him while I made some pancakes for myself , I put everything on a large tray and carried it upstairs . I opened the door and was slightly surprised to see the man awake and sitting up with his back against the headboard as he kept massaging his temples .

I immediately remembered the cup of ginger tea I had made earlier , I set the tray on the table , carried the cup of tea and walked towards him , as if sensing my presence he snapped his head up and looked at me straight in the eyes , I was memorized by the colour of his eyes as he stared at me .

I saw his body stiffened slightly and his fists clenched tightly as so many emotions swirled within his eyes , it came and went fast that I almost didn't noticed it.

" Hello, I brought you a cup of ginger tea to relieve your headache " I said to him softly as I walked towards him completely ignoring how intently he was looking at me.

So what do you think. Comments and Votes. Lemme know what you think.