Chapter 2

Zara.

"He told me he was dropping me off and didn't leave any room for further discussion," I said with a smirk. "I won't stop you from being my driver," I added playfully.

"That's because you'll never find a sexy driver like me," he replied, flipping his non-existent long hair back dramatically. We both burst into laughter, and just like that, he agreed to drive me.

"You're so dramatic," I chuckled after our laughing fit.

"It's time for an ass whopping," Carl said, looking at his watch with an evil smirk. I shook my head at his mischievousness. He was acting like a devious child, which was amusing.

"I bet they'll be late, thinking you're just my assistant," he added, his smirk widening.

"Go and have a seat," I suggested, knowing what he meant. I nodded in understanding, stood up, and stretched my limbs.

"By the way, a glass of wine would be appreciated," I said with a wink before leaving the office. Carl burst into a fit of laughter.

I walked out of my office and headed towards the elevator. My secretary greeted me with a scowl on her beautiful face. I always felt like there was more to her than meets the eye, but not in a bad way. She always looked at me with furrowed brows or a frown, especially when I was with Carl. It was as if I had taken something that belonged to her, which I hadn't. Let me summarize how we met.

Flashback ****

I had just left my company when I bumped into someone while checking an email. My phone fell and cracked, but I didn't care about the phone. Instead, I cared about the person I had bumped into. I looked up and saw a beautiful woman who was the same height as me. She wore a black t-shirt, black combat boots, and a black leather jacket.

Her mid-back silver-blonde hair was let down with two braids in the middle, and her icy blue eyes stared at me with a frown. I couldn't help but notice the dissatisfaction in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I hope I didn't hurt you," I apologized respectfully. She only responded with a hmm, which made me raise a brow. I picked up my damaged phone and walked around her, continuing on my way.

The next morning, Carl told me he had hired a secretary for me. I didn't mind because I knew he was looking out for me like a brother. I was in my office when there was a knock on the door. I permitted the person to come in and heard the clicking of heels.

"Good morning, boss," a calm female voice greeted.

"Good morning to you too," I responded calmly, still focused on my work.

"Mr. Whyte asked me to bring you this document, ma'am," she said. I responded with a hmm, still not looking up from my work.

"Good morning, my love," Carl greeted as he opened the door. He always did that in the morning or whenever we went out. I smiled at the endearment he used.

He set something on my table and then gave me a harmless kiss on the cheek. "Hey there, babe," I said as he sat in front of me.

"Can you save that and look at me?" he asked sullenly. I saved my file and looked up coldly.

"Do you like your new secretary?" he asked, opening a flask he brought.

"Yeah, I don't hate your choices, sweet," I answered nonchalantly, still not looking at the secretary.

"Can you at least look at her before answering?" he huffed. I gave in and turned to look at the girl. I raised a brow when I realized she was the one I had bumped into the previous morning.

I smirked inwardly when I saw the way she kept sending secret glances towards Carl. But ever since then, she always had this dissatisfied look in her eyes whenever she was in my presence, especially when Carl was with me.