Chapter 26

Third Person's P.O.V

Nina, Steven and Foster came downstairs when they saw Damien and the others through the window of their room. Damien laid Rain on the couch and took off his sneakers while Nina and her two sons sighed in relief. Zara sat beside the unconscious boy while Sewell send a mind-linke to the pack doctor. She came moment later and told them he was just unconscious due to shock but would wake up soon.

As it was morning and the sun has started picking into the living room through the open curtains, it rays fell onto the young vampire causing him to hiss in pain. He quickly move out of there and sat on one of the loveseat in the living room, all the while pumping his legs up and down in frustration. Damien looked at the young man in sympathy, sigh, how difficult it must be to be a vampire.

Nina rubbed her fingers through Rains hair gently, she was so worried about him when they took him away. Nina looked at Zara as she leaned back with her eyes closed while everyone find a place to seat. She regrets her past decisions, the words she spoke to the little Zara that night has caused her more harm than good.

Sewell lifted his mate's legs onto his lap and took off her boots and socks. He massaged her feet for a while before leaning back. An Omega brought them some water.

"Peace, please prepare a room for our friend here" Sewell told the girl softly.

"Right away, Alpha" the girl replied before walking towards the elevator.

Zara's phone rang disrupting the silence that fell after the Omega left. She got the phone out and answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello...." She said tiredly.

"Hello princess" a voice said in a brotherly tone causing the young woman to smile slightly. Everyone heard the person due to the phone being on loud speaker.

"Hey bro, what's up?" She asked with a smile.

"Everything is good princess, I heard you on a vacation so I took two weeks leave so I would come and we could catch up," the young man said with a chuckle.

"With or without the family?" She asked with raised brows.

"With all of them. They will skin me alive if I dare leave them behind" the man said with a chuckle.

"Good for you because I miss them so much" she said lightly. Everyone could see she was tired.

"Okay sis, we will be there during the weekend" he said softly while flipping through something on the other side of the phone.

"Okay boss, I see you later. Love you and tell those kids I love them alright," she said with a sigh.

"Okay. Love you too princess. See you on Saturday, bye" he replied before hanging up. Zara chuckled before setting her phone down. It was just then, that Rain's eyes fluttered opened as he yawned. He was confused about where he was until he saw Zara's face appeared in his view. For a moment he wondered if he was seeing an angel wearing black or if his eyes have problems.

"Hey, are you okay?" Zara asked touching his forehead gently to see if he was having a fever. Steven brought a glass of water for the quiet boy as he sat up. He took the water, after taking a few sips, he handed the glass back to Steven.

"I'm fine. Are you okay? You look kinda tired" Rain replied her previous question while pointing out her current state.

"I'm good. Pretty good" she said looking at the boy who was the exact replica of their father.

"I thought you were angry at mom" Rain murmurs causing Zara to sighed and pursed her lips. Was she mad at Nina? Of course not, she was just hurt after all she was also a human with feelings. She didn't like what Nina, her mother did in the past yet she couldn't find it in herself to be mad at her. Everyone looked Zara wanting to hear what response she has for her younger brother's thoughts. Even Nina's fingers kept twisting the herm of her shirt in nervousness, she would understand if Zara hates her with everything in her yet she couldn't let go of the tiny hope in her heart that her daughter doesn't hate her.