Part Twenty Seven-A New Me

~~~

I reflexively stumble back as I clutch my shoulder, my breathing picks up as I check the damage. Looking at my bloody hand for a moment, I let out a small sigh of relief to see that the bullet only managed to graze my shoulder. Gritting my teeth from this still stinging pain, I look back towards the group of villains and scowl.

"Now!" Taihen says over our coms

And in a flash, Taihen switches places with one of the hostages and immediately takes out the two goons with jabs to their necks. I quickly shoot my tape out at the leader and wrap up his gun and yank it out of his hands, Powerbomb immediately rushes forward, hands glowing, and punches the leader directly into the stomach. The villain goes shooting back and crashes into the side of a building, leaving a hole in the wall behind him.

"Whew! That was a close one! The guy nearly got me!" I breathe a sigh of relief as I put my hand back over my shoulder to hold back the bleeding

"Are you okay, kid? You did good, your reaction time despite being shot was impressive" Taihen compliments me as he comes over and quickly tends to my wounds

"Nah it was nothing! The bullet just grazed me luckily. Oh! Here, let me help" I say

I quickly turn to the two goons and wrap them up in my tape, and when Powerbomb exits the building with the leader in tow I quickly restrain him as well for when the police arrive. Once they're taken care of, I look back over to where Yuta is since he's been rather quiet. However when I do, my head tilts in confusion as he's just standing there, silent.

"Yuta! You alright, man? We beat them!" I say as I walk over to him

As I approach him, I suddenly get this deep guttural feeling that something is wrong. I just can't seem to shake this feeling as I get closer to him. Even though I speak to him and wait for a response, nothing exits his mouth as he just stands there. Getting closer, I look at him and see that his eyes are glossed over as he just stares over to where I was during the confrontation.

"Dude, are you feeling okay? You look like you've seen a ghost or something" I say

I wave my hand over his face, hoping for a response, but nothing happens. He just blankly stares as I can almost see my own reflection in his eyes.

"Okay, Yuta, you're starting to worry me here, dude. What's going on? Say something!" I say, my voice starting to raise

When I look closer into his eyes, I see almost a red glint in the Sclera that only begins to deepen. Suddenly he collapses to his knees and I immediately start to panic.

"Taihen, Powerbomb! Get over here! Something is wrong with Yu-" and just as I'm about to call out to them, suddenly Yuta's body begins to grow...

~~~

White...This all too familiar white void is all I'm able to see once again. I angrily grit my teeth and clench my fists, I immediately begin looking around for that damned nightmare clone of myself, ready to charge at it the moment I find him. And it doesn't take me long either, I look to my right and see the sniveling bastard curled up into a ball as he just cries. His wails of agony are the only thing that fill this curse of a place.

"I'm sorry...I'm sorrry...I didn't mean it..." he cries

"You bastard!" I shout