Chapter 18 | Conflict. Resonance.

Start from the beginning

.........

......

...

The situation at the capital was in tatters. Not only was there a mass killing that increases with time due to the invasion of the demons, but the forces responsible for security, the knights and the heroes, were in conflict of their own.

Due to which, the knights who still retained their sense of selves and were away from the main gathering at the plaza were trying their best to fend off as many monsters as they can and save as many citizens as possible.

As for what's happening with the heroes...

It was a few hours ago when Shizuku awoke to a sound of something shattering. The volume of which was abnormal and far from ordinary.

She got up on a reflex, despite being in a deep sleep just moments ago. She stealthily grabbed her sword, the same sword that Rimuru Tempest gave her.

Getting in touch with the sword was soothing. Calmly and carefully, she examined the outside of her windows. Seeing nothing relatively out of ordinary, she quietly got out of the room.

There were others who were already peeking from their doors, too. Mainly Yuka and her friends. Sakagami and Endou were also looking wary.

They hurriedly grouped together, expressing their individual opinions on what the hell is going on.

Ultimately, they began to gather all the students, including the ones who went chickens and refused to fight after the incident at the Orcus Labyrinth and became freeloader shut-ins who had done nothing useful.

Shizuku knocked on Kouki's door, and a weary and drowsy person opened the door. It was Kouki, without a care in the world.

"Idiot! What would you have done if I were an enemy?!" She quietly reprimanded Kouki.

"But this is the palace..." Kouki had the idea that the palace was impenetrable and impossible to invade. So the idea of invaders didn't even cross his mind. It was naïve, very naïve.

"In any case, get yourself ready. Get Ryutarou too."

As such, they began to get ready and armed themselves. It was then that figure suddenly touched her arm, to which Shizuku let out a womanly yelp unlikely of the battle-hardened persona she had.

She was embarrassed, but quickly regained composure. Afterall, it was Nia, her personal maid.

It was then that things truly began to get distorted.

In short, the barrier of the capital was shattered. It was multi-layered, and the outermost layer was what shattered. It was only a matter of time before the, according to Nia, army of demons will invade.

There were hundreds of thousands of demons and monsters. The students proposed to get Meld first, but Nia said he'd been out of contact for a while now.

"Why don't we go to the plaza for now? The knights and probably captain Meld will gather there according to the protocols." Eri Nakamura spoke amidst.

It was a reasonable choice, so they opted for that one.

Shizuku hurriedly rushed her classmates, trying to ignore the extremely bad premonition that's been shaking her mind.

How did it come to this?!

Shizuku coughed up blood as she was pinned down to the ground. Not just her, but every single one of her classmates was pinned down. Every single one... except Eri Nakamura.