Chapter 1

When I met The Presence for the first time, I was five years old. It was during the evening of my mother's funeral. My mum was an exceptionally beautiful and loving woman. With her no more, I was deprived of love.

What about your father?

He loves me, but not as much as I would have liked. I think like Charles Baudelaire who said, "When you have a son like me, you don't get married again."

My father, instead of choosing a life where he could bestow all the attention on me and love me unconditionally, decided that he needed a partner again. He married his secretary—a blond woman with blue eyes and a perfectly divine body—just a year after my mother died.

Here's a description of my father: Tall, handsome, blond hair, blue eyes and a thin pencil-like mustache. His exploits in various sports meant that he had an athletic body to boot.

After my mother's passing, I lost control of myself. Whenever I made a mistake, she would admonish me, but she would smother me with kisses and hugs to console me when I start crying. My father didn't see it fit to instill a sense of responsibility in me. For want of a better word, I should say that he spoiled me. He even gave me unbridled freedom when it came to spending his money.

What does he do? 

He is the chairman of the Appleson conglomerate, a billion- dollar giant that has business interests across the globe. Appleson' Airlines, Appleson Cruise Company, Appleson' Film Production company, etc., are a few of the companies under them. He takes his private jet to travel around the world for his meetings.

You must miss him a lot?

Na, not at all. As long as I have his money to spend, I'm fine.

Before I continue the story, I have to tell you a little about myself. I live in a beautiful villa in one of the plushest upscale neighbourhoods in Beverly Hills. I have an impressive collection of fashionable cars at my disposal, which I do not like showing off too much.

Really?

Yeah. One of my many qualities is precisely not to show off my wealth. I tell myself that there are millions who do not get to eat even one proper meal a day, and here I am, driving a convertible whose colors match my outfit. Like anyone from a richie rich family, I study in a prestigious university whose name I won't be sharing, out of modesty.

How old are you?

I'm twenty.
What do you look like?

My mom was a redhead and so am I. Contrary to the stereotypes, all redheads do not have green eyes. I am living proof of it; I have my father's blue eyes. I am 180 centimeters tall and I weigh a measly 70 kilos. I have a slender and muscular body, thanks to my love for various sports. I have a tanned complexion due to a lot of exposure to the sun.

Whenever I have a lot of free time, I'll take my private jet to sunbathe to any city in the world that has beaches. I love getting a drink while basking in the shade of coconut trees. After that, I go for a session of jet skiing before returning home.

Please, don't be jealous of my life. If you knew the number of people who envy my lifestyle, you will look at me with pity. Not only am I the most good-looking boy in my university, I am also the most intelligent and the wealthiest. I have a super impressive IQ that is almost equal to being classified as a genius, I will refrain from telling you the number though. You will get mad.

To conclude, I am drop-dead gorgeous and all the girls, including lady teachers, dream about sleeping with me. Every other boy wants to look like me. A question is burning on your lips? Go ahead!