Chapter 15

"I've decided to volunteer as an assistant teacher at a soccer class," Devlin told Donald.

"Are you sure you aren't overworking yourself?" Donald asked with concern. 

"I stopped taking day shifts at the convenience store on the days I'm volunteering," Devlin informed. "Do you wanna sign up for a soccer class?"

"No thanks," Donald declined. "I'm not really into soccer,"

"Suit yourself," Devlin shrugged. "Anyway, I've finished publishing the entire first volume of Weak Hero on Wottpad. It consists of sixty chapters,"

"I'll be sure to check it out," Donald said. "What's your username?"

"ShuichiAkaiKaishi," Devlin answered. "I already know what the second volume will be. It's the third volume that's toughest to write," 'Because I wasn't able to finish the third and final season of Weak Hero before I died. When I get to the final battle, I'll have to come up with my own version of some things,'

"Don't fry your brain coming up with an ending that will satisfy everyone," Donald said. "It's impossible to satisfy everyone,"

"I know," Devlin nodded. 'Some people hated the addition of Cheongang, but I liked it. If a gang is successful and grows enough, then it's bound to clash with other territories,'

XXX

'Oh my Arceus,' Devlin recognized two of the students enrolled in the soccer class. 'That's Alex Go and that's Kenny Ji!'

Alex didn't have a scar yet, but the black undercut and emerald green eyes were unmistakably his. Kenny Ji looked younger than his debut appearance, but he still had the same haircut , hair color, and eye color. He was placed in the group two years above Alex's.

'Speaking of Kenny Ji,' Devlin thought. 'In canon, he gets beaten up pretty badly when he leaves Manwol. His leg gets so fucked up he can't even run after he recovers so he had to give up his soccer dreams. Should I...should I save him?'

He furrowed his brows as he continued to instruct the group of kids he was in charge of. 'Can I even save him on my own? He was surrounded by who I'm assuming were the top dogs of Manwol. Would I win in those odds? I mean, I am strong enough that Janghyeok somehow acknowledged me as a potential candidate to be the next leader of Cheongang, but I don't want to get too cocky,'

He nearly got hit in the head with a soccer ball while he was deep in thought, so he decided to worry about the situation later and focus on his job. Devlin glanced over at Kenny and noticed that Kenny's knuckles were a bit bruised and he had a few bandages on his face, causing Devlin to narrow his eyes.

'That's right, Kenny wasn't just a member of Manwol. He was an executive. That meant he participated in a lot of Manwol's crimes. Jake joined the Union to avenge Kenny, but what was Kenny's reasoning for joining Manwol? Maybe I shouldn't interfere and just let Kenny suffer the consequences of his actions for joining a gang...but that'd be hypocritical of me,'

'Since I was a positive figure in Donald's life, that means that Donald has no reason to form the Union, right? Jake and Dean wouldn't be able to take on Manwol on their own. I'm not as strong as Jake, I know that for sure. At my current strength, I can't defeat Manwol on my own. If I attempt to save Kenny, then I'll just end up in the hospital with him,'

"Fuck," Devlin muttered under his breath. 'I'll start training again to get stronger and hope for the best. I have no idea how I'll find out when and where Kenny and the rest of Manwol will be during that specific scene, but I'll do my best and at least try to save him,'

XXX

'Oh my Arceus,' Devlin realized as he was typing out the second season of Weak Hero in his room. 'I can't just stop at saving Kenny. If I'm gonna save one person, then I mind as well try to save as many people as I can,'

'Since the Union won't be formed, I don't need to worry about Donald accidentally nearly killing Ben and Alex, so that checks them off the list. They'll probably still fight Jimmy and his Gilshin gang but Ben will win in the end,'

'Let's see...who else needs to be rescued? Oh right, there's Hyunjin and Gerard. Gerard ran in to save the music sheets and files, but Jeongmu Choi had set the place on fire. The propane tanks exploded and Gerard was knocked unconscious. Hyunjin fucked up his knuckle joints while saving Gerard,'

'I know it takes place before the summer band auditions, but I don't know the exact date. Since both Gerard and Hyunjin were wearing school uniforms, it took place on a weekday. I may not have an exact time, but at least I know the exact location is Dorim Shopping Complex,'

'Eugene and Rowan both get bullied, but it's the typical bullying so nothing big for me to do there. Teddy's an asshole in Seong-Il Middle School. He won't change and have character development until Gray kicks his ass in Eunjang,'

Devlin tensed up. He knew he'd eventually have to think about the incident at Byuksan Middle School involving Stephen Ahn. 'I know the reason Gray enrolled into Eunjang was because he beat the shit out of Oswald, Bryce, and that unnamed third guy, and Oswald Yang's father blacklisted Gray from all the local high schools,'

'I want to save Stephen. He shouldn't have to suffer like that. He didn't deserve to be shoved off the roof. He didn't deserve to be put into a coma. But...I can't save him. Not because I want to follow the plot, but because I can't go up against someone like Oscar Yang. Oscar Yang is a politician with both money and power,'

Devlin clenched his fist tightly. 'No matter how much money I earn, it'll never be as much as the upper class people's income. Not only that, but he also has authority and connections that I won't be able to handle. The only thing I can do is fight physically, but that's about it. Oscar Yang would be able to somehow spin the story as me being a random violent street thug,'

'He might not even stop at me. He might even go after Donald. I can't let my decisions negatively affect Donald. I worked so hard to give him a happy life. I don't have the resources to go against a politician,'

'I'm sorry, Stephen...but I won't be able to save you. I know you'll still live, but I hope you wake up quickly and reunite with Gray in high school,'

Word Count: 1099

Donald's still gonna form the Union.