Chapter 11

Devlin was once again surprised the Changhui still showed up on the fourth day. "Are you still trying to convince me to go back to Cheongang even after hearing my reasoning as to why I don't want to go back?"

"No," Changhui answered as he sat down in his usual spot. "This time I'm just here for my nightly tea and scone,"

Devlin seemed satisfied with the answer and prepared Changhui's order. He also brought over a cup of cookies and cream mousse. "This isn't on the menu but I want you to taste test it to see if it should be added,"

Changhui ate a spoonful and smiled. "I think I'll order this with black tea instead of a scone from now on,"

"I'm glad you like it," Devlin smiled back. 'I didn't think he'd enjoy it enough to order it each night,' "Then I'll add it to the menu after all,"

After Changhui finished eating, he smiled once again at Devlin. "I'll see you tomorrow,"

"Same time?" Devlin asked.

"Same time," Changhui nodded and then left.

Devlin started cleaning the dishes. 'Uh...what the fuck was that? It's so weird seeing Changhui act like that...but I don't hate it,' Unbeknownst to him, his face was slightly pink with blush.

XXX

Devlin decided to start writing a book. He decided that he needed a hobby and decided to write his life in a similar format to all those manhwas where the main character is isekai'd and reborn as the villain/villainess/someone related to the villain like a mother or stepmother. Of course he changed all of the names from canon. 

It was sort of like a diary that helped him cope with his new life. It wasn't like he could go to therapy and tell his therapist that he's from another world where the current world they're in is just a manhwa.

He brought the notebook with him to work and since it was a slow day, he started to write. He was going to write about the past couple years in it so he had a lot to write about. He was so focused on writing that he didn't hear the door chime as it opened nor did he heard Changhui approaching the counter.

"That should be enough for now," Devlin said as he set his pencil down.

"What're you writing?" Changhui asked.

"OH MY ARCEUS!" Devlin screamed in surprise. "How long were you standing there!?"

"Not too long," Changhui chuckled. "You looked like you were having fun,"

"I like writing," Devlin quickly shut his notebook. "Have a seat and I'll bring your usual order,"

Changhui took a seat at his usual spot and Devlin brought over a cup of freshly brewed black tea and the cookies and cream mousse. He also brought over a mini fruit tart.

"Why don't you sit down and eat something too?" Changhui suggested.

"I'm still on the clock," Devlin reminded.

"Your boss won't know if you don't tell him," Changhui smirked. "I won't tell either,"

'Changhui's always the last customer of the day,' Devlin recalled. He grabbed his own serving of mousse and a cup of green tea and sat down across from Changhui. 

"What were you writing earlier?" Changhui inquired.

"Just a story," Devlin answered. "I might turn it into a webtoon but I'm not that good at drawing,"

"What's it about?" Changhui asked.

"It's nothing special," Devlin was surprised that Changhui was actually interested in hearing about it. "A person gets hit by a truck and awakens in the body of the older brother of the main villain in a webtoon. The villain is still a child when the main character is transported into the webtoon world so there's a chance that the main character will affect the plot and timeline of canon events,"

"Sounds interesting," Changhui commented. "I might read it after you publish it,"

"I don't know if I'll publish it," Devlin said. "I don't think it'll be popular," 

"You should at least try," Changhui advised. "A path left unwalked can haunt you forever,"

'I can't believe Changhui actually thinks I should publish a book,' Devlin thought. 'He never even read the story yet but just by the synopsis, he thinks I should publish it. This feeling...is nice,' "Alright, once it's done I'll publish it," 'It won't be done for a while though. The first book will probably end after Declan 'Dex' Noah leaves the Phoenix Gang,'

XXX

"Hey Dev," Donald handed a card and a box to his older brother. "Here,"

"Happy Father's Day?" Devlin blinked in surprise when he read the card. "But I'm your older brother, not your dad,"

"You said you were in your twenties when you died," Donald shrugged. "And you were the one who raised me. I consider you to be my father more than the jerk that abused us,"

"I've never thought about having any kids before," Devlin sweat-dropped. "You're not gonna go around and start calling me 'Dad' in public though, right? Because that'd feel way too awkward,"

"I consider you to be my father but I'm gonna still call you by your name," Donald answered. "Open the box. I want to see if you like it,"

Devlin opened it and was surprised to see a watch. "Thanks, Donald. Wait, where'd you get the money for this? This doesn't look like a cheap 25,000 won plastic watch," 

"I may or may not have beaten some people up..." Donald mumbled.

"Donald!"

"In my defense, they were bullying me!" Donald claimed. "So it was self-defense! I just so happened to grab their wallets and took some money to cover up the injury fees,"

"You didn't have a single injury on you these past couple days," Devlin pointed out.

"Emotional injuries," Donald smirked. "Mental injuries. The stress of being bullied impacted my mental health so I deserve to be compensated. Do you like the watch though?"

"I love it," Devlin ruffled Donald's hair. "But I don't want you to get hurt. If you need spending money, just ask me,"

"Alright," Donald agreed, but he was plotting to continue getting money through beating people up and eventually through businesses once he had everything set up. He didn't want to burden Devlin anymore and wanted to start earning his own money.

Word Count: 1004

I finished this chapter just in time for Father's Day.