Chapter 12

Day after day, Changhui came to the tea shop at the exact time and ordered the exact same thing. Devlin always gave him another item free of charge and joined him at the table so they could eat together.

The two spoke casually and Changhui even continued to ask about Devlin's book. Devlin was happy to oblige and cheerfully read him parts of his draft.

"You should also write a separate book about what the original version is supposed to be without Declan being transported into the book's world," Changhui suggested.

"Hmm," Devlin hummed. 'I could write Weak Hero and call it my own creation since I don't think Seopass and Razen exist in this world. I mean, even if they did exist, the webtoon 'Weak Hero' doesn't exist in this world either so it's not exactly plagiarism...' "Alright, I'll do that,"

"It'll be nice to compare the original world and how things transpire differently due to Declan's interference," Changhui said as he sipped some tea.

"Yeah, that's one thing that bothered me about all these reincarnation stories," Devlin said. "A lot of things get info dumped. I have most things planned out already so I just have to write Weak Hero at the same time while I write Reincarnated as the Villain's Big Brother," 'I wasn't able to finish season three before I died but I'll come up with my own ending when the time comes,'

'I can use the Korean names for most of the characters like Sieun for Gray and Humin for Ben and Baekjin for Donald since they're going by their English names for some reason in this world. When I get to characters with no anglicized name, I'll have to come up with my own names for them. Let's see...Naksung, Dongha, Seongmok, and Cheongang all have Korean names. Naksung can be...Namjoon. Dongha can be...Dongseok. I'll figure all the names out when I write their debut appearances,'

For some reason, Devlin felt at ease with Changhui and vice versa. Both found each other's presence to be comforting and warm.

XXX

'Oh my Arceus,' Devlin realized when he took a break from writing and was massaging his hands. 'Now that I'm more familiar with Korean school years and ages since being isekai'd, I'm realizing that I've been getting Donald's age wrong in all of my fanfics all this time!' He groaned and let his head fall to his desk. 

Donald had taken over Yeongdeungpo at seventeen years old in canon. Manwol had been defeated a year prior to the series. Skai had thought that meant in terms of the entire year so a year so a year after defeating Manwol, Donald would be eighteen. But it turns out that it was referring to the school year. South Korean schools were from March to February. 

'I'm so used to school years starting and ending around summer that I wasn't used to writing timelines in terms of South Korean school years. South Korean ages are also a bit confusing. They're a year old when born and only add a year to their age on New Year's Day. That means since Donald was born on December 24, he's two years old in terms of Korean age even though technically he's not even a month old in terms of international age,'

'So many of my fanfics have Donald written as a year older than the rest of the cast. Even if I somehow had access to my fanfics right now, I still wouldn't change it. It'd require too many edits, especially my fanfics where Donald has a sibling who's a year younger and supposed to be in the same grade as the rest of the cast. I'd just make sure to get his age right in future fanfics,'

XXX

"Dev, you seem much happier lately whenever you come home from work," Donald mentioned.

"I am?" Devlin blinked in surprise.

"Yeah, you're always smiling now," Donald answered. 

"Oh, I guess I do have a reason to be happy towards the end of my shift," Devlin chuckled. "The last customer of the day is always my favorite. He likes hearing about the stories I'm writing," 

"You're blushing," 

"H-Huh!?" Devlin rushed to the bathroom and saw that his face was pink in the mirror's reflection. "I'm blushing!?"

"Yeah, you are," Donald nodded. "Are you in love with the dude or something?"

"I don't..." Devlin actually wasn't sure about his own feelings. "I don't think so?"

"You don't sound confident in your answer,"

"I don't know, okay?" Devlin admitted. 'In the Real World, I had a crush on Changhui because he was really hot. I mean, he's still hot right now but am I attracted to him because I still consider him to be a fictional crush? Or do I actually have feelings for him?'

He thought back to the time he spent with Changhui at the tea shop. That person he spoke with wasn't Changhui Han of Cheongang. He was just Changhui. Their interactions with each other were warm and friendly. Devlin actually enjoyed their conversations and he loved telling him all about his stories. Changhui also seemed to enjoy spending that short time together at the tea shop with him each night.

"Oh my Arceus," Devlin whispered. "Donald, I think you might be right. I think I actually be in love with him," He notice displeasure flash across his younger brother's face briefly. "Donald, is something wrong?"

"No, I'm happy for you," Donald claimed.

"Are you mad that I'm interested in someone?" Devlin asked.

"No, I'm happy for you," Donald repeated. "Really, I am,"

Devlin knelt down. "Donald, tell me the truth. What's wrong?"

"It's always just been me and you," Donald sighed. "It'll be weird that you now have to split your time to be with him,"

"Hey, I'll always have time for my little brother," Devlin ruffled Donald's hair. "It's not like it's guaranteed that he'd reciprocate my feelings,"

"But I want you to be happy," Donald told him. "You've already raised me these past couple years. You deserve to pursue your own happiness too. I'll probably just busy myself with reading, studying, or watchin TV while you're hanging with your boyfriend,"

Devlin turned as red as a tomato. "Hey, he's not my boyfriend!"

"Not yet,"

Word Count: 1016

Devlin came to terms with his feelings but now he has to confess.