Break The Awkwardness

*2 More Days Of Silence*
*First Period*

'Alright, I'm done with this. I'm gonna ask if she wants to go to the carnival! The carnival is bound to break any kind of silence—Well on second thought, maybe that place isn't a good option. There wouldn't be a good place to talk—No, we really don't need to talk, it'll make the whole day awkward.' She was at war with her thoughts.

And so was Lapis.

'I can't keep doing this. Ok you know what, maybe I'm just overreacting. Pearl's right, It's no big deal. I'll just talk to her like nothing happened. There. Problem solved.'

*Third Period TimeSkip*

'Ok, here we go...time to ask right here right now.'

10min later...

"LAPIS!!" She shouted created unwanted attention.

"What is it, Peri? Why are you yelling, you scared everyone."

She took a look around and saw all eyes on them, including Ms. Sugilite's.

"What tha?"
"What's she screaming for?"
"Is she ok?" Everyone murmured.

"Can it, Jewels. Interrupt my class again and you're out of here." Ms. Sugilite threatened.

"E-Excuse me." She whispered embarrassed.

"Now why'd you scream my name?"

"I-I was wondering if you'd like to go to the carnival with me after school."

'The carnival?' "Uh...ok, sure. That sounds fun." 'That'll definitely keep my mind off it.' "What time are you gonna pick me up?"

"Whenever you're ready."

"Alright, see you then."

*TimeSkip Lapis' Place*

She ran straight upstairs to her room. "Welcome home, baby!" Her mom shouted.

'I didn't even realized she was home from her business trip!' She ran downstairs to give her a huge hug. "Mama! Welcome home!!"

"Thanks for the warm welcome, dear."

"Of course!"

She broke the hug and held Lapis by the shoulders. "Now why were you in such a rush?"

'Don't blush! Don't blush!!' "Oh, uh...I was just-"

"Why are you blushing?"

"Wha? I-I'm not blushing!" She protested covering her face with her hands.

She gasped. "Who are they?! Are you going on a date?! What's their name?!"

All those questions had her red. "Mama, please!"

Her phone rang. "Who's that? Is that them?!"

She ignored her. "Hello?"

"Hi, Lazuli-"

"P-Peri! Let's just meet somewhere!" She yelled cutting her off.

"Um...may I ask why?"

"Because, uhhhhh-"

"Never mind, where?"

"Park! Bye!"

"Bye."

She gave a sigh of relief. She then felt something creeping near her ear.

" 'Peri,' huh? She your girlfriend?"

"Mama would you please just stop?!" She shouted red.

"Alright, alright. Have fun but not too much fun."