Falling For You

People say she was a short blonde, but she's noted that she's average sized. She had large round green tinted glasses and rocked a black windbreaker that said 'Alien Believer' and dark bluejeans. She was a proud nerd and a gamer. A third year in high school and she had no friends, but she didn't care, who needs those when you're a genius? Well Amethyst was her friend. She preferred to keep quiet and she enjoyed her alone time. It just made life easier for her and she planned on keeping it that way, but of course life never goes as planned.

She was walking to her next period with a Nintendo switch at hand. She saw a shade of blue hair come zooming her way. It was too crowded to get out the way. "Sorry! Excuse me! Out of the way!!" The person yelled.

They crashed into Peridot. Disheveled her glasses, and caused her to drop all her things.

'Of all people why me?' "Hey watch it! What the heck are you doing running in the halls you clo-" She looked at the figure above her with her still disheveled glasses.

They were a tall tan girl with short blue hair. She sported one of those baggy jock jackets that covered the sweatbands on her wrists. She also wore black leggings and had red converse on that were both untied, which may explain a lot.

'So cool. Why's she wearing sweatbands?' She made Peridot blush for some reason.

"Oh my gosh, I am so so sorry! I-I was just trying to catch Ms. Rose." She said.

"No, i-it's fine, really." Peridot said shaking her head. 'So much blue and so many...romance novels. She looks so cool. She's wearing an alien pin. Why does that make me blush?' "Uh-"

"Oh, right! I'm still on you, sorry!"

"Um, yes you are."

She took her hand and helped her up. "Oh, your glasses...there you go." She fixed Peridot's glasses with a smile.

"Thanks. 'She has a nice smile.'

"Wow, she's so short." The bluenette mumbled to herself giggling.

"That's a little rude, don't you think?" Peridot said folding her arms.

She covered her mouth. "Oh, I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that out loud. Um...I'm Lapis, Lapis Lazuli. Nice to meet you! I'm the new kid." She introduced herself.

'It's not like you're reaching the top shelf either.' She thought a little annoyed. "Yeah, nice meeting you too. My name's Peridot Jewels." 'She transferred in the middle of the school year?'

"Ok, see you around then, Peridot!" Lapis screamed skipping down the hallway.

'What is she, 5?' She thought and chuckled.
"Sure." 'Wait, that's the way to my class.'

Classmates!

'According to her schedule, we have third period together. Why's that make me so happy?'

'She's following me? Guess we have the same class.' Lapis thought. "Hey...I was wondering, can I sit next to you? I really don't know anyone but you and my friends." The bluenette asked being as nice as possible.

'Yes!' "Sure."

"Also since you've been here for awhile can you maybe show me around so-"

"Yes!—I-I mean, meet me in the corridor during lunch."

"Um Ok, thanks." 'Is she blushing? Why's she so excited?'

*TimeSkip*

"And lastly, this is the library where I do homework or where others skip physical education. It's also-"

"Pfft."

"What's funny?" 'She's always giggling...and snorting.'

" 'Physical education'?"

Her face became hotter than it already was. "O-or P.E. as others would call it."

She looked at Peridot and saw a tiny blush on her face and a small smile to go with it. 'I can't help laughing at those huge glasses. Seriously, where do you even buy glasses that big?' She laughed with her hand over her mouth.

"Now what is it?"

"What's what?" She asked trying to play dumb.

"...."

"Ok, fine, it's just...you're glasses are huge. But don't worry, you look cute in them."

"I-I'm not cute."

After a moment of silence Peridot tugged the bluenette's shirt. "Um...G-GIVE ME YOUR NUMBER!!" She screamed so loud making an echo down the halls.

"Huh..."

"I ask this, because I...I was wondering if you'd like to hang out this weekend. To get to know you and maybe...even become friends."

"Um...yeah, sure." 'I've got no plans anyway.'

'Yes! I really did it, I asked the coolest person—oh my stars, I asked someone I just met out!' "Where would you like to go?" She asked slightly nervous. Extremely nervous actually. 'I'm a clod! Who on earth asks someone they just met out?!?!'

"What about that new snow cone place? I heard their snow cones are the best!"

The bell rang indicating that lunch was over. "Ok, sounds great."

"Alright then, later Peri." She walked off.

'She called me Peri.' Peri's face was so hot that there was no point in trying to hide it.

*TimeSkip*

Lapis'house

She'd been thinking about tomorrow all night. "What am I gonna do about tomorrow? I haven't hung out with someone in so long." She squeezed her pillow. "I can't wait, this is so exciting."

*Peridot's house*

She was freaking out. "Oh my stars! Oh my stars!! Oh! My!! Stars!!! What have I done?!" She jumped off her bed and ran to her closet. 'Does it matter what I wear?! I've never been on a date before, I don't know how this works! Wait, what am I talking about, it's just hanging out.'
"Why am I overreact to something this trivial. Maybe I'm overthinking this entire situation."

Was she though?

"Of course I'm not! She's the coolest person ever!" She stayed up all night. That's never a good idea.

A/N: I'll keep it up if it's worth reading. I hope someone enjoys it.