Sea Of Stars

Revali made it to the docks just as the sun was beginning to stain the sky a light shade of orange.

Memories of that fateful evening battle came flooding back to him, and he clicked his tongue.

Teba had been right though, the sea's breezes did feel amazing. They gently tickled his face and carried with them the smell of salt.

Meanwhile, it wasn't long before Mipha finally surfaced near the seaside village's docks, eyeing the little houses with joy.

The sound of a splash of water behind her indicated that the oracle had also arrived.

"Are you prepared?" She asked; having surfaced just two feet away from her.

Mipha turned to her with the most excited, yet anxious facial expression.

"As ready as I'll ever be," she answered, taking in a deep breath.

The oracle nodded her head, noticing that there was still a little worry behind the princess's eyes.

She swam to be closer to her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Mipha, I can tell you seem somewhat...solemn. And I figured something like this might happen," she said, looking down at Mipha's necklace.

She'd been wearing it since the ball in Hyrule. It'd been like a souvenir of sorts; reminding her of memories from the time she'd spent on land.

"May I, see that necklace you're wearing?" She asked, pointing to it.

The princess, although somewhat confused, nodded. She watched as the oracle gently reached out to hold it in her hand.

"I knew you would likely miss your underwater home, so I crafted this spell," she said, closing her eyes.

A few moments of suspenseful silence later, the small topaz gem began to glow a beautiful shade of yellow.

The oracle finally opened her eyes and smiled.

"Whenever you miss home, or want to visit, all you have to do is say a simple command and your necklace will give you your tail back," the oracle explained. "But for now, just say the word and your necklace will grant you legs again."

Mipha stared at the little jewel once more, her eyes beginning to brim with tears.

"Thank you, Oracle," she replied, reaching out and embracing her.

The wise zora hugged her back, "Trust me, princess, it's the least I can do," she said. "Now go. I believe someone is waiting for you."

The statement confused Mipha a little, but the oracle was quick to point in the direction of the nearby docks. A familiar figure stood on top of them, looking out onto the sea, but not noticing the two zora in the water.

The princess gasped a little, much to the amusement of the oracle.

"Go on now, just ask the necklace and it'll do all the rest for you," she said, swimming back a little to give Mipha some room.

The zora princess nodded, gazing at the dock where Revali stood.

"I wish I could walk again," she said.

The surrounding water began to slowly spin, almost as if a whirlpool had begun forming. Small glimmers of light began to form in the water, sparkling so brightly they almost looked like stars.

the water encircled her, swirling around and around until finally, the princess could feel herself rising into the air.

The sound of splashing caught Revali's attention, and he was utterly surprised when he looked towards his left and saw none other than Mipha, being held up in the air by the ocean.