Black Flags & Scallywags

He'd have been lying if he said he didn't jump at the sight. And he couldn't tell if it was the fact there was a zora lying in front of him, or the fact its lower half didn't match with the rest of its body.

At least he thought it was a zora.

Tentatively, Revali neared the unconscious specimen, and came to realize that his suspicions were correct; the creature was in fact a zora.

Her eyes were delicately closed, and her scaly crimson head was adorned with the most lavish silver he'd ever seen. Her pale face was somewhat flushed, she'd likely been laying here a while.

But what intrigued him the most was that there was no fish's tail in sight. He'd never seen a zora with feet before.

She was admittedly quite lovely-looking for a bipedal fish.

The rito stood there, contemplating what on earth he should do now. Granted, this girl was none of his concern, but it wouldn't exactly be humane to have her picked apart by the seagulls, zora or not.

Slowly, Revali grasped onto the bow strapped to his back.

"Hmph..." he began with a huff. "Perhaps I should just put the poor thing out of her misery. It's not like she hasn't probably taken a handful of lives herself."

However, before he could bring himself to draw an arrow from his quiver, he noticed the light fluttering of her eyelids.

Revali brought forth his bow within a matter of seconds and positioned his arrow directly at her chest. If she dared to try and attack him, he'd already be a step ahead.

Mipha's head was spinning, her vision was groggy, and she could feel rough sand pressed against one of her cheeks; she'd also lost a good chunk of feeling in her lower half.

Whatever the oracle's spell was it had certainly transported her to somewhere outside of the water. Everything about her felt heavier.

As she slowly lolled her head over to one side, the first thing she noticed was the sharp point of an unknown weapon staring back at her.

Instinctively, she unleashed a shriek of fright, and tried to scramble away, but for some reason she could barely shuffle.

It was then that she noticed her tail looked like it had split in two. Seconds later, the realization that she now had legs set in, and she let out yet another high-pitched shriek.

"Will you settle down?! We're in pirate territory; you're going to attract unwanted attention!" An angry voice yelled at her.

Catching her breath, she turned to the voice's source and was met with the very person whose weapon had once been pointed at her.

He was a strange looking hylian, with wings instead of arms, and he was covered nearly head to toe in navy-colored feathers save his black talons that dug into the sand.

He looked a lot like the birds Mipha was used to seeing perching on the rocks and sunning themselves, but he was substantially bigger. Likely because he...was one.

"Don't you think you're a little far from home? Last I recall, your kind dwelled a lot deeper than this," he said, waiting for some kind of explanation.

The zora princess, however, was far too stunned as to what was going on to answer.

"Well? How did you get here, and since when do zoras have feet?" He asked impatiently; his strange, stringed weapon was still at the ready to strike.

Mipha was at a loss for words. How was she to explain to this unusual bird that an oracle cast a spell for her to be transported up to the surface in order to prevent potential war?