A Night To Remember

The very next day, the moment the sun began setting, faint joyous music could be heard coming from far away. In the general direction of castle town.

"Good grief, already?" Revali wondered aloud to himself, poking his head out the window to hear better.

Mipha and Riju were in the other room, presumably getting ready. The fisherman hadn't taken as much time for himself; he wasn't exactly the stuffy type.

"Maybe they're just practicing? Whatever they're playing, it sounds lovely," Saki, Teba's wife commented, while attempting to keep her son Tulin entertained on the couch with a book.

Teba, his wife and son, and Yunobo were seated in the living room. They had all arrived at Revali's place so that they could all go to the party together.

"Urbosa and Daruk said they'd meet us there," Yunobo remarked, checking the time on his pocket watch.

Just then, the door to the other room opened and out stepped Riju, dressed in teal with her ridiculously long hair pinned up in a crown braid on her head.

"Oh look at you!" Saki chirped, "Don't you look pretty."

The little gerudo smiled and did a playful twirl, showing off her beautiful dress, and it wasn't long before another figure showed up behind her.

Revali, who had been fixated on some brightly colored fireworks being shot into the sky, at last turned around.

"Oh Mipha, that shade of blue looks lovely on you!" Saki exclaimed again, admiring the zora princess who'd just nervously walked in.

Mipha had never really liked attention, but oddly enough, Saki, and soon her other friend's words of praise gave her joy.

"Wow..." she heard Revali mutter, just loud enough to be heard.

What he'd said hadn't been all that complimentary, but his genuine reaction made her heart buzz again.

"It's thanks to, all of you," Mipha said, nodding her head and smoothing down the front of her silky dress. "When do we get going?"

"Well, now that you're both here, finally; I'd say we start heading for town," Teba said, getting up from the couch holding Tulin by his tiny wing.

"Woohoo!" The little rito cheered, jumping up and down restlessly, "Party!"

***

The walk to Castle Town was rather pleasant. Mipha got to chat with Yunobo and Riju while the ritos flew just above them.

Tulin sat on top of Yunobo's shoulders, watching his parents with somewhat solemn eyes.

"I wish I could be up there," he said with a sigh, fidgeting, with his little legs bobbing up and down.

"You will someday; once your wings get bigger," Yunobo remarked, using his enormous hand to gently scratch the top of the little rito's head.

Tulin only huffed, crossing his tiny wings in front of his chest.

It wasn't long before the three rito began descending from the air, landing gracefully in front of the huge Castle Town gates, which was slightly difficult when you took into account the sheer amount of people flooding in.

Massive crowds, all dressed in their nicest, walked into town. Each one came from a different walk of life but had all gathered here, nonetheless.