Longing

Two weeks later.

The kingdom of Hyrule was bursting with joy and talks of celebration filled the air. 

Not only had Zelda announced her coronation as queen of Hyrule, but there would also be a royal wedding. She and Link were going to be married.

The big event was all anyone could talk about, and all anyone could think about for that matter.

However, despite how wonderful the news was, the only person in the entire kingdom who didn't quite share the same level of excitement as everyone else was the fisherman currently seated at his kitchen table.

"Revali? Will you hurry up? You've been organizing your tacklebox for the last century," Teba remarked, standing by the door with his fishing equipment in hand.

The navy-feathered rito looked up at once; it seemed as if his friend had just caught him in a daze.

"Hm? Oh yeah, yeah... I'll be there, one second," he replied, in a tone drier than sand.

Teba sighed, shaking his head slightly. He set down his things on the floor and sat down on the chair across from his friend.

"Is something bothering you? You've been like this for the last couple of weeks," he asked, watching as Revali fiddled with a pesky old hook. "I mean, there's a royal wedding happening soon, you should be excited."

He gave an apathetic shrug, placing the little hook back in his box.

"No, I'm fine," he replied, somewhat curtly. "Besides, I've never been one to show excessive cheer. You of all people should know."

Teba, although not really satisfied with the answer, shrugged his shoulders. In truth, he had a slight suspicion as to the cause of Revali's mood.

"It's Mipha, isn't it," he asked, rather bluntly.

Revali stopped abruptly, glancing up at him.

"Did you... end up telling her or not?" Teba asked, watching as the tiny cheek feathers on his friend's face prickled.

Revali stayed silent for a few moments, before finally pushing aside his little box with a huff.

"No, why would I? We've talked about this before; she's got her own life and her own duties that I shouldn't be distracting her from," he sighed, crossing his wings in front of his chest.

Teba nodded his head. "But you miss her," he concluded.

Revali proceeded to lay his head against the table, not wanting to admit he was absolutely right. 

"Well, did you tell her she could visit you if she wanted to?" Teba asked, resting his head in the palm of his wing.

The navy-feathered rito groaned. "Of course, I did. I've just been thinking about whether or not she knew I..."

His sentence trailed off, and he shut his beak before he revealed more than he wanted to.

"Knew what?" Teba wondered aloud, raising a feathered eyebrow.

It took a second before he finally realized.

"Did...did you kiss her?"