Subtle Admiration

A few days went by, and it wasn't long before one of the princess's company came knocking on the door of Revali's house.

The rito let out a displeased groan loud enough for Mipha to hear from the living room.

Holding back her laughter, the zora put down the broom she had been sweeping the floor with and walked over to the door, opening it up to reveal a royal guard. He looked awfully young and shy.

Seeing Mipha herself answer the door was rather jarring, but he nevertheless cleared his throat and looked down at the letter in his hands.

"W-would this be the correct address, miss?" The guard asked, showing her what had been written on the paper.

"It is indeed... Gaspard," she smiled, reading his name at the top of the note, "I assume the princess has asked for me today?"

Gaspard nodded his head, clearing his throat yet again. "You'd be correct, miss. Her majesty sent me for you."

He took a moment to look at the front of the house.

"Beggin' your pardon, but I was told the owner of this place was a rito?" He mused.

The brief moment of silence that followed afterwards was interrupted by a muffled fit of coughing from inside the house.

"Oh, he's uhm... sick at the moment," she confessed. "Poor thing's got a cold."

Gaspard pursed his lips. "Oh goodness; tell him I'm awfully sorry," he said, making his way to the carriage that he had parked outside the house.

"When you've gathered your things, you can meet me back here," he informed her, hopping back into the driver's seat and pulling out a book.

Mipha gave him a courteous nod and quickly headed back into the house to go tell Revali the news.

Upon walking into his room, she saw him lying face down in his pillow, the sheets tossed carelessly over him. He appeared to be the definition of miserable.

"Let me guess," he groaned, not lifting his head, "the princess has come to fetch you I assume?"

Revali had fallen sick two days ago, but whether or not it was from the freezing ocean and the rainstorm, they weren't exactly sure.

"Yes, she has. Thought I'd let you know so you won't wonder why the house is so empty," Mipha replied.

The rito sat up, wrapping the blanket around himself so he could look slightly more presentable.

"Sure, but don't hurry back on my account," he coughed.

The zora princess flashed him a sympathetic look, holding back another giggle.

"Of course not," she replied, "there's soup in the kitchen and don't forget your tonic, it's on the-"

"Table; I know," Revali interrupted her, lying back down and burying himself in his blankets. "Hurry along now, you wouldn't want to keep her highness waiting," he said.

***

The carriage ride to the castle was like something out of a book of fairytales. Which was coincidental considering the backseat had a couple of storybooks scattered about.

Gaspard must be an avid reader.

As the coach rode on, she couldn't help but leaf through his copy of a book titled Pride and Prejudice, by someone named Jane Austen.

It wasn't long before they had arrived in Castle Town and Zelda's magnificent palace sat up ahead.

Gaspard brought the carriage to a halt in front of the gates, and he leaped out of the driver's seat to open the door for Mipha.