one-hundred and three

Start from the beginning

Y/n had been reading more, and more pregnancy books. She had learned that talking to the babies, would help them recognize their parents voices. Y/n during the day would talk to the babies, just saying mindless things. Sometimes when she talked to them, they'd give some sort of reaction. A kick or even a shift.

Durring the night when Anakin would come home, he'd spend time talking to them. Y/n even once caught him with his head on her lap while she slept, talking quietly to her stomach with his hand on it.

"I can't wait to meet you both." Anakin whispered gently with a small smile, he had awoken from another nightmare and couldn't fall back asleep.

When he woke up he was surprised Y/n didn't. When he looked at her, she was laying on her back in the only comfortable position she could get. With two babies inside her, it was hard to get in a complete sleeping position.

"Once you two are old enough, I promise to teach you everything I know. Just like I taught your aunty Ahsoka." Anakin whispered while gently rubbing Y/n's stomach, "I'll teach you both how to use the force, and how to make a lightsaber, and how to use them." He murmured. His words got a response, a little kick. This made Anakin smile and laugh "Yeah, one of you likes that idea. Maybe both of you."

Y/n suddenly let out a hum as she shifted "Ani?" She mumbled, her voice groggy from sleep. The very pregnant woman pushed herself into a sitting position, and looked at her fiancee "What are you doing?" She asked rubbing her eyes.

Anakin pushes himself up "Hey, sweetheart. I'm sorry if I woke you." He says gently "I just....I wanted to talk with the kids more." He says.

"Mmmm is that why one of em kicked me?" Y/n mumbles, laying back down and shifting a bit.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that love." Anakin says with a light laugh, moving to lay beside Y/n. He scooted himself closer to her, and placed his hand on her stomach "I love you."

Y/n smiles tiredly "I love you too." She murmured "Now lets sleep please?"

"As you wish, my love."

Anakin did everything he could to make sure Y/n was comfortable, and that everything was perfect for her. He sometimes found himself at the shops, or the markets buying things she wanted or needed. Anakin found himself excited, but horrified at the same time. He was excited for the moment he would meet his children, but horrified of his nightmares coming true.

Obi-wan and Master Yoda had been a big help for Anakin, the both of them taking time to meditate with him. Helping him clear his mind and thoughts, but it only helped to an extent. Some nights the nightmares never came, and he thanked to force for it. While other nights he woke from the nightmares, drenched in sweat and his hair sticking to his face.

Whenever he did awake like that so did Y/n, and she was instantly coming to his aid. She would rub his back, and whisper comforting words to him. It helped Anakin to know that in the moment she was okay, to know that her and the babies were okay.

"Ani it's okay." Y/n whispered one night, as she hugged him close to her.

Anakin would let out a heart sob, holding onto Y/n as tight as he could. But made sure to be extra careful "I-I can't lose you." He sobbed, while shaking his head "I-i don't wanna lose our babies. Fuck I can't lose you guys."

Y/n pulled away and placed her hands on his bare shoulders, she took one hand and forced her lover to look at her. When Anakin met her gaze there were still tears in his eyes, and some falling down his cheeks.

"Anakin, you are not going to lose me." Y/n says gently but sternly "And our babies are going to be okay." She adds.

"What if you aren't?" Anakin whispered "What if my dream comes true?"

Y/n shakes her head "They wont. Remember, sometimes dreams are just that Ani."

"Dreams...." Anakin whispered with a shaky breath.

Padmè would talk with Y/n as much as she could, updating her on little Ada. Y/n couldn't get over how adorable Ada was, and she wished she could see her in person. Noah hadn't been working much, since Y/n insisted on doing anything she could.

Currently thats what Y/n was doing, work. That was what she was doing, when Anakin came strolling in that night. Y/n looked up in suprise, as she adjusted in her spot finding it hard to get comfortable no matter what.

"Ani, what-what are you doing home so early?" Y/n questioned looking to the clock, her eyes than going wide like moons. It in fact wasn't early, it was late. Past dinner time in fact.

Anakin smiles a little and holds up a bag of food, as he walks over and sits down "I got your favorite." He says while setting the bag down.

Y/n leans back in her chair, finally finding a somewhat comfortable position "Thank force." She says. Hurriedly she begins cleaning off het desk, so her and Anakin could eat and no important documents would get ruined.

"How was your day?" Anakin asks as he takes out the food, setting a box in front of Y/n.

Quickly Y/n opens up her food "It was nothing exciting." She said, quickly taking a bite of the food she had been craving since that morning.

Anakin smiles at her "Same old paperwork?" He asks, before grabbing his own box of food and setting it down in front of him. Inside the bag was another item of food, but that was for later.

Y/n groaned and nodded "Yeah." She said with a sigh, gasping suddenly as she felt movement "Hey! You two better quit." She says sternly looking at her stomach.

"What-what happened?" Anakin asked with a smile, desperately trying to stop himself from laughing.

"One of the twins kicked the other." Y/n says while taking another bite of her food.

Anakin stares at her "You can feel that?" He asks.

Y/n nods as she chews, before swallowing "Yeah. I mean, they're literally inside of my stomach. Every little movement I can feel." She explained "And lately someone has been sitting on my blatter." She growled.

"Thoes two will be out of you soon, my love." Anakin says gently.

"Have you guys gotten any closer to finding Grievous?" Y/n asks with a frown, "I can't be on Coruscant when I give birth Anakin, we've talked about this."

Anakin's face falls a little, but he nods "Obi-wan has been doing everything he can to find him." He says with a sigh, "Master Yoda has gone to Kashyyyk, to deal with the droid attack on the wookies."

Y/n lets out a sigh, while she shakes her head "I hope you find him soon." She mumbles "I want you there when our children are born, and this war....it needs to end. So many are suffering."

Anakin smiles gently "I know my love."

"So, what did you do with the Chancellor today?"

Anakin lets out a breath "Nothing, just sat with him durring his meetings." He says with a shrug, "He did invite me to go see some play with him, later tonight. " He adds.

Y/n raises her brows "Really?" She asks "Are you gonna go?"

"Might as well." Anakin said with a shrug "What could go wrong?"